Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Mulitple Orgasmic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mulitple Orgasmic
Dakin
Neophyte
Member # 7354

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dakin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I have a few random questions about multiple female orgasms (or the ablilty for a female to have continuous, un-ending orgasms right after one-another)...

1) How common is it for females to be multi-orgasmic?
2)Is it both environment-related and herreditary to be multi-orgasmic, just environment-related, just herreditary, or just plain lucky?
3)Is it in any way unhealthy or harmful to a person to be multi-orgasmic?

I know these are probably uncommon questions, but I'm extremely multi-orgasmic and my boyfriend and I were both wondering about it's rarity, risks, and reasons because every other female he or I know, do not have this unique...ability....I don't know, I guess I'm also personally a little worried that it means something is wrong with me or it's not healthy!

I'm sorry if this is a silly question or if you don't know how to answer it...

thank you so much in advance,
Dakin

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) That's a really difficult question to answer, because orgasm is different for every woman- and what one woman might count as a multiple orgasm, another might not. However, if you're after a vague answer, it's not uncommon- plenty of women experience multipe orgasm.

2) I'd say its a combination of physiology and psychology. I wouldn't say that any woman (or man) is physically incapable of orgasm or multiple orgasm (one of our Sexperts here once told the story of a quadreplegic woman who achieve orgasm through stimulation of her neck), but due to physical sensitivity some people find it takes them longer to orgasm than others, some find that they are less likely to have multiple orgasms. At the same time, our brain is our biggest sexual organ, and it plays a large role in how, when and how often we reach orgasm- some people might not experience multiple orgasm simply because they don't believe they can.

3) I have never heard of orgasms of any kind being harmful. If you started skipping school or completely stopped hanging out with your friends because you wanted to have orgasms instead (multiple or not), then maybe it would be time to cut back a bit, or if your genitals were stimulated so much that it caused pain and rawness afterwards, but it doesn't sound like that's the case. There's absolutely nothing harmful about multiple orgasms.

Lastly, maybe you'd like to take a look at this Scarleteen article:
Sexual Response and Orgasm

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey hon

I tried searching for statistics on how many women are able to have multiple orgasms and really, there wasn't anything.

It is quite likely it is due to the fact that it really doesn't warrant a survey or in depth research. Some women don't even know they have orgasmed when they have.I know I never used to know.

And as far as I know, multiple orgasms are not harmful to your health.

I know two nights ago when I was engaging in sex, the number of times I orgasmed came up to double digits and really, except for feeling tired, everything was fine.

I guess the thing here is once you feel your body telling you something is wrong, it is probably time to stop whatever you are doing and go to a doctor for a full check up.

If you want some more information on orgasms, check the following article out. I'm not sure if I could help but let's see if another advocate will be able to clear things up abit better for you.

Sexual response and Orgasm

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh bep. As our dear Kitto says, more mindmelding going on eh?

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simultaneous post!
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Wahoo! Multipe mind-meld!!
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Gee, this is scary. Alrighty, time to stop being self-indulgent.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.