Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » UM.......confused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UM.......confused
Irene69
Neophyte
Member # 6600

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Irene69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi
me and my boyfriend were talking about rape (for some reason), and he told me that not only guys rape girls, but girls can rape guys too. He said that a girl could do something, so that the guy will never ever get a "boner" again. Well, I was kinda surprized, and I thought I knew how girls do that, but then he said it involves rubber bands. (?!) Now, I am totally confused. Do you think that's true?

Posts: 4 | From: Sacramento, CA, USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well.

your boyfriend is partly right here on theory, but not exactly technique. rape is a complicated idea. anyone can rape anyone, to get right down to it; rape is, from our article Dealing with Rape:

quote:
At ANY point, during any act in which your body is violated sexually -- be it via genital or oral penetration, or more ambiguous acts such as being made to feel anothers body against your wishes, et cetera -- if you have made clear, even as simply as saying no once or pushing the other person away, that you do not wish to be sexually engaged, and have been forced, through physical force, coercion or threat to do otherwise, you have been raped. In general, if you have NOT consented to sexual activity and were forced to participate, that is rape.

so, a guy can rape a girl, and a girl can rape a guy, and any other combination of possible actions and genders can occur. and these could all be called rape.

as for rubber bands, I've never heard of such a thing and certainly couldn't figure it out based on that bit of info. if your boyfriend knows, why don't you ask him what he's talking about, and give us a little more detail on this?

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

"Years ago, I was an angry young man/I'd pretend that I was a billboard/Standing tall by the side of the road/I fell in love with the beautiful highway..."-Talking Heads, "(Nothing but) Flowers"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, i never heard of anything specifically dealing with rubber bands, but as far as i know of anatomy, the only way to permanently render a penis flaccid (prevent erection from ever occuring) is to do permanent damage to the blood vessels in the penis. this would also do damage to the tissue in the penis. the tissue would fail to get blood an nutrients and would die of oxygen deprivation. so the harm would probably go way beyond just being unable to get it up.

------------------
straddle the fine line between profundity and profanity...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.