Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Lost...down there...re:

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lost...down there...re:
impawstur
Neophyte
Member # 7213

Icon 12 posted      Profile for impawstur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, thanks for the help. I don't know why, but I think I like to talk confusing sometimes(for entertainment)? It might've been because it was around 1am that I wrote that. Basically, I just am not sure which hole I went into. I mean I'm not a complete ditz, but I guess it's just a little bit of paranoia. And to be totally honest, there was a slight musty smell on my finger afterwards that really just surprised me (as it did not smell like my own crotch smell). Maybe it's just the smell of inner skin or something? thanks for the help, i'm about to read that article now..later

ps: I think sitting down and having a nitty-gritty discussion would probably be quite difficult. She really is shy sometimes, especially when it comes to having such a serious discussion, which I believe mainly comes from her not really knowing what she wants. Any great revelations in this area would be nice, thanks gals & guys

pss: Also, I remember something else that caused the confusion...it wasn't INCREDIBLY tight as I sorta thought it would be, but then again I have no idea what is supposed to be tight coming from a vigin finger to a virgin vagina (i'm fairly sure of that atleast). And there also felt like I was hitting a bone when I curved my finger more. I'm reading the article right now, but I'm not sure if it is going to really describe what a virgin's insides are supposed to feel like so I figured I'd ask here just so I don't miss out! Ok, I also apologize if I'm being very confusing again...thanks in advance again bye

[This message has been edited by impawstur (edited 03-03-2002).]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, really, if the two of you aren't able to talk openly about things like sex and where the relationship, then you might want to re-think things a bit. Clear communication is absolutely necessary in a good relationship.

Also, no offense, but if you "like to talk confusing" in real life as well as online, it may be adding to your problems communicating with this girl.

If you think talking face-to-face would be too difficult at first, why not write her a letter explaining what you're feeling, and give it to her? That way you can think out what you want to say ahead of time, and if she's embarrassed or shy, she can take her time figuring out what she wants to say in reply. I wouldn't recommend it as a regular form of communication, but writing can be particularly helpful in getting a discussion started.

But do talk to her. She's the only one who has the answers. We're not in her head, so we can't tell you what she's thinking.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Advocate

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 10 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As well, "virgins" aren't some sort of mystical, other-creatures. They're still fully-functioning humans, and as a result, their insides are pretty much the same as "non-virgins." The idea of "virgins" being tighter than "non-virgins" is a myth; nervousness can make our muscles tense up, and since the vagina is an elastic muscular organ, it pretty much always stays the same tightness whether one's had sex or not.

Why do I put "virgin" and "non-virgin" in quotes? Check it out: Magical Cups and Bloody Brides: Virginity in Context. This has a lot of real-world advice about the concept of "virginity."

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

"Years ago, I was an angry young man/I'd pretend that I was a billboard/Standing tall by the side of the road/I fell in love with the beautiful highway..."-Talking Heads, "(Nothing but) Flowers"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.