Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Reply to lemming's answer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reply to lemming's answer
SilverBabe
Neophyte
Member # 6983

Icon 7 posted      Profile for SilverBabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand what you are saying about everyone being different and kinda thought that would be the reason. Also, I really respect the "PG-13" thing. My little sister is 11 and she kinda can 'get curious' when sites talk about sex. It's understandable, I mean, she just learned about the whole thing and it's all new and she wants to explore, but she's a little young. I hate it when sites drop the inuendo and just blunty say things that could be said in different ways. I'm glad this site realizes you can be helpful without all the details. :-)
But just one thing: I have a slight suggestion. My cousin in Houston, who told me about your site, gives a lot of sex advice (mostly physical or else I would talk to her about the problems I ask you guys about) and she has a technique which I think is very good. She, like, tells people ways to find out what their mate will like. You know, asking them what pleases them and all that good stuff. Just thought you guys could think about doing that. (As long as it isn't against the policies, of course!)

------------------
In life, there are choices to make every where you go. Do your best to follow your heart and listen to the advice of people you love and trust.

Posts: 25 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We do encourage partners to communicate in order to find out what pleases them, especially when users don't follow the guidelines and ask for technique. So, I guess that we do use your cousin's "technique"!

------------------
Ash
Scarleteen Advocate

"If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming."
--Goethe

[This message has been edited by Ashy (edited 02-16-2002).]

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually what you said is a big part of our policy. For the most part, whenever we recieve a post asking for technique advice, in addition to informing the individual of the guidelines, we'll also mention that they simply need to ask their partner what they like/dislike. We want to make sure that the main focus of this site remains on promoting safer sex, as opposed to becoming a trivial dropping ground for the latest fad that's supposed to please "everyone", and on getting the facts out there and trying to break down the many sexual myths and generalizations that are floating around.

I'm glad you've found our site, and that you find it useful.

------------------
~KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate

There's hair there for a reason!

"Never insult an alligator until after you've crossed the river." ~Oriental Proverb

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Silly Ashy...this is Ask An Advocate...she can't Reply in here)
Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.