Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Am i pregnant? very scared!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am i pregnant? very scared!!
Lilfran14
Activist
Member # 6858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilfran14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok well here is the situation..Recently i had sex at a party, and i was under the influence, which know is wrong! But i dont really remember having sex so i dont know if he ejaculated in me or not, and i dont trust him even if he says he didnt, and i just got over my period the day before i had sex, so i was over my period for one day and then i had sex, is it more likly for me to be pregnant or less likly? please help me, im scared
Posts: 183 | From: Buffalo, NY :) | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 2 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once you've been around here a bit longer you'll know we're not likely to tell you what you did was "wrong," however, it was certainly bad judgment. But you know that, and now you're figuring out where you go from here.

How "recently" was this? If it was within three days from now, you can still get emergency contraception, or the morning-after pill. The phone number to call for a location nearest you is 1-800-NOT-2-LATE.

If it was more than three days ago, here's what you can do:

1) Get a pregnancy test. Better yet, get two. Take one, and then take a second one a week later. If they're both negative, you're pregnant. If they're positive...well, falso positives are very rare. But this leads us to the next thing...

2) Get tested. For STDs. Becuase you had unprotected sex, you're at risk for all SORTS of diseases from HIV to chlamydia, gonorrhea, and herpes. Make sure that when you go to your doctor of to a clinic that you explain your situation to them, and make sure you get a full STD screen.

And I'm sure you've already figured this out, but next time, use a condom - it's so much easier than all this worrying, eh?

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

this is what you get for liking it.
"Sebastian, you're in a mess, you had a dream they called you king of all the hipsters - is it true or are you still the queen?" --Belle and Sebastian, "Put The Book Back On The Shelf"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 4 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! And you know why I didn't really think about whether it was more or less likely that you might have gotten pregnant?

Because it really doesn't matter when in your cycle the event took place. Teenage girls have completely unpredictable cycles. It's best just to assume that you can get pregnant at ANY time of the month - and of course you can get an STD at any time of the month, too, so use them condoms and dental dams!

------------------

"Sebastian, you're in a mess, you had a dream they called you king of all the hipsters - is it true or are you still the queen?" --Belle and Sebastian, "Put The Book Back On The Shelf"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eeep!

And forgive my forgetfulness.

It also doesn't matter if he ejaculated or not; "pre-cum" has sperm in it, too, so if his penis went inside you, you could be pregnant or have an STD. Get tested!

------------------

glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Katie, this was Friday night? When I came to visit you at this party? You know I should have stayed to keep watch over you, but I left!!

If it was friday MONDAY IS YOUR LAST DAY TO GET THE ECP!!! I will take you myself to get this pill if I have to! When I see you tommorrow I will call Planned ParentHood with you and see if they have appointments. Babe, I love ya, but we are going to have a SERIOUS talk tommorow!!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

Monk N Bear~ Best Friends Forever! ~Luv ya babe!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Heather Corinna

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.