Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » What should I do??

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What should I do??
Member # 6879

Icon 5 posted      Profile for SimplyMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I might have a yeast infection...(never had one before)... Could having sex result in one? And I figure I need to go see my gynecologist, but I'm a little embarrased to tell my Mother why I need to! What should I do??
Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you think you have a yeast infection, then yes, you need to go see your gynocologist. A yeast infection can be sexually caused, but it can be caused by alot of other (non-sexual) things too. And if you are sexually active, it's that much more important to get it treated because you could pass it to your partner, who could carry it and pass it right back to you. Don't try to treat it yourself, talk to your mom and go see your gyn. Or call your local Planned Parenthood.
Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3

Search Scarleteen