Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » follow up, ECPs & *still* bleeding...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: follow up, ECPs & *still* bleeding...
candykisses
Neophyte
Member # 6746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candykisses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, ErinK - Thanks for all your advice. I ended up finding ONE clinic that was open on sundays and getting the ECPs. If anyone is wondering - I took Plan B and I didn't feel any side effects. It was wonderful, and the doctors were very nice, so I would definitely recommend it.

Well anyway, I finally stopped bleeding from the actual sex about two days ago. Today, my boyfriend performed manual sex and after he left there was blood. There wasn't a lot, nothing when I went to the bathroom, but there was some in my underwear. Do you think this is because something was in my vagina again (the first time since we had sex last thursday)? And do you think I should see a doctor about it or just wait a little longer and see if the bleeding persists? I don't have enough money to pay unnecessary medical bills. Thank you.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well its not really unnecessary bills, this has to do with your health.

Anyways, spotting is a side effect of taking the MAP or ECP pills. So that might be a possiblity. See what happens in a couple of days. If you are still bleeding, I would go see your doctor, and tell them whats up. Okie?

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

Monk N Bear~ Best Friends Forever! ~Luv ya babe!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

“One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Heather Corinna

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there,

Glad the advice helped. Peace of mind is a good thing.

Anyways, to follow up on what Glitter said, it could be spotting from the ECP, or it could be that you have a microtear in your vaginal wall either from the PIV sex or from the manual sex (fingernails, even closely cut ones, can sometimes scratch the really delicate tissue down there.) That's what might be bleeding, particularly if it keeps getting irritated.

In your position, I would hold off on any kind of penetrative sex (manual or PIV) until there's no bleeding and you feel comfortable. If this takes more than a week, I'd see if I can stop by that clinic again (see if they take a sliding scale) and see if they can check you out.

In terms of minimizing the risk for bleeding, I've found that using latex gloves for manual sex, and combining them with lubricant, helps keep my partners from accidentally nicking me with a fingernail or causing tears, because the latex covers their fingernails and any roubh patches of skin. Similarly, condoms and lube during penetrative sex help keep me from feeling "rugburned" during PIV sex. Those are just some things for you to consider as you keep making decisions about sex.

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.