Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Please Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please Help
gopre800
Neophyte
Member # 1890

Icon 5 posted      Profile for gopre800     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello, i had a post in under body and soul, but i'm still confuse about my answer. my question was "What is a NATURAL way of getting my period?" this means that i was wondering if there was a natural way of almost forceing my period. One post suggested was birth control, but i dont believe in taking that. I know that im not pregnant, im 16 and my period have always been regular, but i'm almost 2 weeks late, and i need to get my period soon, before i go away on vacation. By natural i mean through some food or special excerise, or maybe somthing something i should stop doing. i dont know i'm really lost. i'm jsut looking for suggestions. please help soon!
Posts: 14 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid I don't know of any "natural" ways to start a missed period. There are a lot of possible causes for a period being late, and one of them is actually stress about said period being late in the first place.

WebMD gives the following list of possible causes for a missed period:

quote:
anxiety over pregnancy may cause a missed period, thereby increasing the anxiety even further
drastic weight reduction
vigorous athletics
obesity
emotional distress
endocrine disorder
drugs such as busulfan, chlorambucil, cyclophosphamide, oral contraceptives, phenothiazines, and non-oral contraceptives (such as Norplant and Depo-Provera)

They also note that it's not uncommon for adolescent women to skip periods or have them stop. With regard to treatment, they say:

quote:
Treatment depends on the cause. Consult your health care provider to help determine the cause. For a missed period caused by drastic weight loss or obesity, proper diet is recommended. For a missed period resulting from excessive exercise, use moderation and cut back to a more conservative program.

You can read the rest of the article at http://my.webmd.com/content/asset/adam_symptoms_lack_of_menses

So, the best advice I can give you is to relax, not stress about it, and just wait for it to show up if you don't want to go to the doctor about it. I have had my period on a vacation, at the beach, and to be honest, while it was a pain, it did not ruin my life, although I can sympathize with wanting to get the darned thing over with once a month.

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the future, hon, if you need to clarify something or ask for more information about a question you've already asked, it would be very good if you could just reply to the original topic. Starting new topics in different forums takes up bandwidth that we really don't have to spare, and it's against the guidelines. Okay?

Thank you.

Kyth

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Advocate

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.