Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Just Wonderin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just Wonderin
kiwiguy12
Neophyte
Member # 5490

Icon 9 posted      Profile for kiwiguy12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my g/f had unprotected sex 2 days after her period and that was the last time we had sex but now she is 2 weeks late for her next period and i was wonderin if it is at all possible that she is pregnant and how could it have happened? we r both 16 if that helps
Thanks
Worried

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unprotected sex places her at a high risk of pregnancy I'm afraid. You'll have to purchase a pregnancy testing kit. Or go to a doctor, which you should both do anyway in order to get STD/STI tested- something you need to do after having unprotected sex.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A woman can get pregnant at any point in her cycle. According our handy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Chart, there is a moderate to high risk that your a woman may get pregnant having unprotected penis-in-vagina intercourse.

We don't have some magic way of telling over the internet whether she is pregnant or not, though. Your girlfriend needs to get tested, pronto. In many countries, home pregnancy tests are readily available at most drugstores. If it tests positive, she should get to a doctor, pronto, to have the results verified. If it tests negative, repeat the test in 2 weeks just to be sure.

Furthermore, you are now both at risk for a variety of nasty sexually transmitted diseases, and you should BOTH be tested.

And in the future, always, ALWAYS use a condom and lubricant. Being 16 is stressful enough without worries like this. We have some great articles on this site that can help you with advice and information, so check 'em out.

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.