Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » confused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: confused
golden101
Activist
Member # 3133

Icon 5 posted      Profile for golden101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello advocates ,

Ok, well i just got over my period (well at least i thought i did) about 5 days ago, and like 3 days ago i ran a mile run (which i hadn't done forever) and then when i got home i noticed some blood on my underwear. Then the next day i had done some exercising and it happened again. Keep in mind that i rarely ever do a mile run, and i have been under a lot of stress lately. So could that have anything to do with my period spotting up again? thanks

------------------
*~*Golden*~*

*A person that asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, a person who doesn't is a fool forever*

Posts: 227 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a lot of women, including myself, report that physical exertion can cause minor spotting towards the end of a period. When you exercise,chances are, your ab muscles get a pretty good work out, and those muscle contraction in and aorund your uterus can force out that last little bit of blood. it's nothing harmful. in fact, exercise during a period is highly recommended as a way to relieve cramps and what not.

------------------
A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.