Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Tenderness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tenderness
fierystarlet04
Neophyte
Member # 2026

Icon 4 posted      Profile for fierystarlet04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My breasts are really tender. I know they get a little bit tender during your period. But, do they get tender when your pregnant?
This has been going on for about 3 days, and i'm not sure if it's just my period or not b/c it has become quite irregular. Can you help me?

Posts: 19 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Testing
Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Breast tenderness is not a good way to tell if you're pregnant. If you think you may be pregnant, then go take a test, that's the only way to know for sure.

And as far as irregular periods go, you period will most likely be irregular for the first 5 years or so while your body adjusts. Talk to your doctor about it if you're worried.

~KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate

------------------
"Not everything in this magical world is quite what it seems"

"Remember, I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together!"

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fierystarlet04:
My breasts are really tender. I know they get a little bit tender during your period. But, do they get tender when your pregnant?
This has been going on for about 3 days, and i'm not sure if it's just my period or not b/c it has become quite irregular. Can you help me?

Breasts CAN get tender when you're pregnant, but they also can be tender for any other number of reasons. Having tender breasts does not meant that you are pregnant. If you are worried that you might be pregnant, take a pregnancy test. If the tenderness desn't go away in a week or so, ask your doctor.

------------------
*Limes Are Sublime*

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My get tender too right around me period time. That usually how I know if I'm going to get it or not. Like everyone else said, if you feel you are preg, take the test or go to the Gyno, thats the only way you will know for sure.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.