Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » How Do You Do It?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Do You Do It?
SolitaryTear
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
This is addressing the advocates, mostly the ones who are not as experienced as some of the older advocates.

Do you ever have questions about your body and general health and so forth, such as some topics everyone else discusses her and feel to shy to ask about them because maybe you'll think that your advice won't be respected?

I know I'd feel sort of "left out" because I'd feel like I couldn't ask a question about myself and if I did, that people wouldn't take my advice or consider anything I say as fact. Do any of you ever get that way? I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I'm just wondering.

By the way, thanks you guys for being so patient with some of us (me) when we have caused chaos and such. You really are very respected.

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~.*^*.aMaNDa.*^*.~
An Evanescent Beauty That Will Never Flee

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have to remember that everyone is still learning. Even the Sexperts. They don't know everything and neither do we, as Advocates. So it's more than okay to ask questions. Sometimes the questions will be posted on the main boards, or sometimes in the Adv. Room or sometimes i'll ask one of the Sexperts when i bump into them on ICQ. I've asked a LOT of questions since i've been an advocate ... And i don't feel weird about it at all. I don't see why anyone would ...

I'd like to think that i give good advice, more than half of it coming out of the articles on the site itself ... If people don't take my advice, that's their problem. I'm here to answer questions the best way i know how, and that's what i'm doing.

------------------
--Hollie West
*~Scarleteen Advocate~*

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.