Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » What On Earth Is Going On?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What On Earth Is Going On?
Monkey
Neophyte
Member # 4993

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a female, and many times when I get excited or something I get this feeling down there....without even touching myself! The best way I know how to describe it would be...a spark, maybe? Just a momentary little physical feeling and it doesn't feel too bad either! lol. Is this normal? What's going on?
Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's nothing to worry about at all, hun. What you're probably experiencing is called "sexual arousal." When you have sexual thoughts or desires, or when you're with your partner, (or even when you're just doing everyday things, walking down the hall, etc.) you can get sexually aroused. The feeling "down there" is your brains (and nervous systems) response to these feelings- basically, when you're sexually aroused, messages are sent to your brain which create physical changes and sensations. It can be caused by sexual thoughts and images, touching, kissing, etc. by a partner, hormonal changes, and any number of things. It really quite normal, and you're definately not the first person to experience those feelings. I've actually even known people who have had orgasms (peak levels of sexual excitement) by just having sexual thoughts.

Check out Sexual Response and Orgasm, for more info on the subject. It'll tell you pretty much anything you want to know about those feelings, and what's causing them. If you have any other questions that aren't discussed on the main site or our nifty search engine, feel free to ask.

------------------
Long live the geeks..

I wanna sleep on the hard ground
In the comfort of your arms,
On a pillow of blue-bonnets
In a blanket made of stars

[This message has been edited by Lucky1402 (edited 09-19-2001).]

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.