Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Vitamin Deficiency

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vitamin Deficiency
SolitaryTear
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, well, I called the doctor and the health clinic today (it sure felt good to get some stuff taken care of). I am going in either tomorrow morning or the morning after and I'm getting my refills, I think I get 4 (?). Anyways, I called a doctor that my mom was seeing (she just had a hystorectomy and had an assigned doctor, she doesn't have insurance either), and she said that it sounds like I have a vitamin deficiency. I get the boils and stuff under my arms and stuff too, Smurfy. So anyways, I have to take those CENTRUM pills and they're so friggin huge, I try taking them with lots of water and I try cutting them in half but they are just too darn big and I can't swallow them. *sighs* Is there any way I can take these pills, orally, without gagging them back up!?

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~.*^*.aMaNDa.*^*.~
An Evanescent Beauty That Will Never Flee

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweetie, this board if for emergencies. If you can't take your vitamins prescribed to you, your best bet would be to ask your doctor. Honest. Maybe he/she can give you something in liquid form.
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya..swallowing pills is not an emergency. I cant swallow pills. So if they are too big just cut them in half until you can swallow them, or you could always crush them.

I agree with Smurfy, see your doc. They do make pills chewables, and you may also be able to get them in liquid form.

Make sure next time you post it is for a real emergency. This isnt a big deal.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Applesauce. A spoonful should help get the pills down.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.