Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Scared and nervous...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scared and nervous...
donutduchess
Activist
Member # 4675

Icon 9 posted      Profile for donutduchess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok the time has come! I am going to school Wednesday. Its only an hr away, and Ill be home every wkend!

I am VERY scared, and nervous about what will happen with my relationship. I really like him as you all know.

Ive had talks with him about me going away, and he told me not to worry. But I feel that I still need to.

I need advice on how to chill out about this, cuz I am getting really upset about this stitch. Thanks guys!

Posts: 76 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have to say, i went through a similar situation last year when my boyfriend went off to school, and i am about to go through it again when i leave for college.

honestly, an hour distance is not as much as it seems like. however, i would strongly recommend not saying things like "i'll be home every weekend." if you start making commitments like that when you're about to be in a new place with new people and wanting to settle in and bond and go to parties, going home every weekend will seem like a chore. i say go home when you want to, but don't make any promises. i'm sure your boyfriend will understand.

but i do totally understand why you're feeling nervous. and really there's nothing you can do except hope it works out, do everything you can to work out, and tell yourself that you won't let it make you miserable. that is, keep in mind "que sera sera," whatever happens happens, and you shouldn't stress about things you have no control over (like moving an hour away from your boyfriend.)

instead, focus on the good stuff - you're about to go away and try new things and live on your own!

good luck!

em

------------------
Boys and girls in America have such a sad time together; sophistication demands that they submit to sex immediately without proper preliminary talk. Not courting talk - real straight talk about souls - for life is holy and every moment is precious. I heard the Denver and Rio Grande locamotive howling off in the mountains. I wanted to pursue my star further. -Kerouac

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might also wish to check out the FAQ's in the Relationships forum. There are several links having to do with long distance relationsips (LDR's).
Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.