Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » Lesbian? Bisexual?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lesbian? Bisexual?
Kat Is High
Neophyte
Member # 110435

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Kat Is High     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my two dearest friends are very close. The other weekend we were hanging around and we played pin the bottle. (All three of us girls). I enjoyed it... And then we played strip spin. I felt like we all enjoyed it. I like girls, (I would never date them. Were just close friends.) I do enjoy guys, however. But I don't find the appearance of a dick hot. I like the feeling, (I have never had sex. But I masturbate.) Would I be lesbian or bisexual? Because if I Still find guys attractive, just not their dick, I think I'd be bisexual...

--------------------
~KatIsHighBrah✌

Posts: 32 | From: USA | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hellopeople2478
Neophyte
Member # 110376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hellopeople2478     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if you are saying you don't like their dick , I figure it u also mean that you'll never have sex with them I would say you are lesbian but then you bring up that you are still attractive to the guys which means you'll be bi

--------------------
Thanks

Posts: 33 | From: Don't worry | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kat Is High
Neophyte
Member # 110435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kat Is High     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See its very confusing. I like the feeling of dick, but not the appearance.

--------------------
~KatIsHighBrah✌

Posts: 32 | From: USA | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hellopeople2478
Neophyte
Member # 110376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hellopeople2478     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So u just don't like what a dick looks like?
Here's a few questions :
Would u ever have sex with a guy ?
Give a bj?
Because if you would do that stuff with a guy but also are attracted and would do sexual stuff with girls , you are bi

But if you don't like anything with dick , appearance or how it feels in a vagina or think guys are gross , then your lesbian

--------------------
Thanks

Posts: 33 | From: Don't worry | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kat Is High
Neophyte
Member # 110435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kat Is High     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have sex with a guy and depending on the guy, yes a bj. So I'm bi then?

--------------------
~KatIsHighBrah✌

Kat Is High
Neophyte
Member # 110435

I was so confused because I didn't know if you had to like the appereance of dick to be bi or les. Thanks [Smile]

--------------------
~KatIsHighBrah✌

Hellopeople2478
Neophyte
Member # 110376

I don't know your feelings but from the answers you told me ,I would consider you bi

--------------------
Thanks

Kat Is High
Neophyte
Member # 110435

Thank you. I think I am because I still find guys attractive

--------------------
~KatIsHighBrah✌

Hellopeople2478
Neophyte
Member # 110376

Your welcome and yes you are

--------------------
Thanks

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One general point to be aware of is that not all guys have penises and not all people with penises are guys - same with vaginas/vulvas and women.

It's usually not so helpful to try to figure out orientation from what body parts you do or don't like or what sex acts you do or don't want. Orientation is about what gender of people you're attracted to. Orientation is a thing that will show itself from the pattern of someone's attractions: someone who finds their attractions are toward exclusively women or nearly exclusively women will probably figure they're lesbian, and someone whose attractions are to a selection or range of genders will probably figure they're bisexual.

Liking or not liking the look of a particular kind of genitals - like a penis - doesn't really mean anything. People often feel differently about any body part when it's on someone they're attracted to or love. We're never interacting with the body part, but with the person it belongs to.

What sex acts someone's interested in doesn't define their orientation. For example, some lesbians like insertive sex acts. If they're exclusively attracted to women, they're still lesbian! People of all orientations and genders can also choose to use things that are not a penis - toys, for example - for insertion.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kat Is High
Neophyte
Member # 110435

Wow, I suppose you're correct on this! I do find myseld attracted to trans people sometimes... Thank you for that!

--------------------
~KatIsHighBrah✌

OhImpecuniousOne
Activist
Member # 110155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OhImpecuniousOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the sagest advice I've heard on this is to live your life and have crushes/relationships (either romantic or sexual or both) first, and then apply a label afterwards. If you decide that you're definitely a lesbian and then you fall totally head over heels for a really cute guy, then it's not going to matter much whether you're wearing the lesbian badge or the bisexual badge. [Wink] (Or substitute any other combination of label + attraction not matching the label)

This is a little hypocritical of me, because I was freaking obsessed with labels when I was younger, as were most of my peers. I think I'm more zen about things now - I recently moved from identifying as bi to as pansexual, as a rejection of gender binary thing, but my favourite sexuality label by far is "wibbly-wobbly sexy-wexy".

Posts: 116 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ralphie41
Neophyte
Member # 109918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ralphie41     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a side note can i just say that 'wibbly-wobbly sexy-wexy' is the best label for sexual identity i have ever heard, Redskies! (Doctor Who reference??)
Sorry if off topic! [Smile]

--------------------
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"

Posts: 16 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OhImpecuniousOne
Activist
Member # 110155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OhImpecuniousOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is definitely a Doctor Who reference. [Big Grin]
Posts: 116 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.