Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » Gender Confused again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gender Confused again
Daki
Neophyte
Member # 50902

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Daki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fell out of love with the girl I liked, and figured out I've been denying a sexual feeling for guys. The thing is this has been building on as I thought about being a guy, resenting my body parts, and wondering if other boys will accept me too. The thing that bugs me is, I'm going from a straight male to a gay male. The sexual attraction also began because I keep staring at their junk 1) because in leotards it's kinda noticable, and 2) I want a penis.

----
Other confusions: Sometimes, I really feel MALE, so male that I want to cry about it and when I do have a feminine feeling, like when I'm in the shower or something, I push it aside. I don't want to feel female or maybe I do...I don't know, but I keep supressing feminine feelings. Sometimes I get so bugged that I don't even want to take off my jacket, even when I am not going to look. When my dad said I would have to wear a dress to the ballet, I got so scared and almost started crying. In a state of panic, I had to text my mom. She gave me some advice, and my dad asked me for a legit reason. So I had to tell him. He said, "Pfftt...your a girl," and it was the end of that. I've also been trying to wrap my breasts, but combined with my anxiety about dying or passing out, I just covered it with a baggy shirt, but I still noticed.

I need someone's opinion. What can I do to cope for now? How can I figure this out??

--------------------
I am a fail waiting to epically win.

Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daki
Neophyte
Member # 50902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes I feel like I want to be hanging with males and other times females sound appealing. The more I write or talk about it, the more confusing it gets, the more my ideas change, the more afraid I get, yet the more enlightened.

--------------------

Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I don't know about you, but my friends are a very wide mix of genders. Sometimes, I don't care about what gender of friend I want to hang out with, while other times I do feel like I'd rather hang with my friends of this gender or that one.

So, I guess I'm perplexed about why you seem to be framing this as an either/or, you know? Why not have a variety of friends, and hang with who you want to whenever you do?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daki
Neophyte
Member # 50902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know...sometimes I'm just so freaked out that I won't fit in anywhere. Story of a middle schooler's life I guess...trying to find their niche. Maybe I will just stick to hanging out with both, even if I don't fit in anywhere right now (or at least feel like it), I'll find it someday. Thanks, Heather. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course. I know people talk a lot about high school being so tough, but I feel you about middle school: that was my hardest schooling time, without any contest, and I found it incredibly difficult to cope.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.