Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » Why does girl-on-girl arouse me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why does girl-on-girl arouse me?
Thingamibob
Neophyte
Member # 43388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thingamibob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Scarleteen.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but here it is. While seeing two attractive women making out, and doing lightweight foreplay, does arouse me: I've got no real idea why.

For the record: seeing two attractive women going at a full-on intercourse, even if done beautifully, does not arouse me at all. It doesn't offend me, but it doesn't interest me.

It excites me only if I see the likes of seeing them pashing in bikinis, or naked and smearing each other with oil, and so on.

So what exactly IS it within a heterosexual man that gets aroused by this?

Posts: 3 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're heterosexual, so you're into women. Presumably, you probably also like seeing women be sexual and passionate. There, in that scenario, are two women being passionate: two of your likes, times two.

Why might making out or oil-massage be more arousing to you than other kinds of sex? Perhaps it's easier to imagine yourself in the picture when we're just talking about making out? Perhaps that looks more like your fantasy of women being together or being with you?

I don't see a reason to feel ashamed about this, by the way. It's very common.

Certainly, if you're doing things like not understanding -- or enabling others not to -- that women who want to be together aren't together for your entertainment, are enabling invisibility of women's relationships with each other or trying to insert yourself (literally) into them, that's stuff to take a look at and work to stop doing, as that is problematic. If you're giving people the idea that lesbianism is about bikinis and oil-baths, also a problem (since it's not, even though women who love women may well sometimes kiss in bikinis or engage in oil massages: however, they/we also may smooch when wearing ratty old pajamas, have sex in a way that you don't feel is "beautiful" and also have other parts of their/our relationships which aren't about sex at all). But what goes on in your head or what you feel aroused by and fantasize about in your head isn't going to do anyone any harm.

[ 07-21-2009, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.