Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » orgasm/sexual pleasure poll: FOR MEN ONLY

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: orgasm/sexual pleasure poll: FOR MEN ONLY
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This poll is for men or those who were sexed male at birth only.

If you are female or were sexed female at birth, please answer the poll for women.

Since many of you have asked these questions about your peers and the users here, and this information can help us know how to better help you and can fill you in on the experiences of some of your peers.

(Do pay attention: there are a few questions in which answering one means you should not provide answers for the other.)

[ 08-12-2006, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Miz Scarlet ]

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some results of this poll as of 12.21.06, with 30 male or male-identified users responding:

• 70% are currently sexually active or have been (have engaged in sexual activity with another person, of any kind, such as fingering, hand jobs, oral sex, vaginal intercourse, etc.) with a partner.

• 97% currently masturbate or have ever masturbated.

• Of those who are sexually active, 20% enjoy the physical aspects of sexual activity, but not so much the emotional ones, 0% enjoy the emotional aspects, but not so much the physical ones, 70% enjoy both physical and emotional aspects and 7% do not enjoy any aspects.

• 93% have reached orgasm through masturbation, but only 60% have with partnered sex.

• 23% experience EMOTIONAL pleasure MOST from sex with masturbation and 53% from sex with a partner.

• 37% experience the PHYSICAL pleasure from sex MOST with masturbation, and 47% from sex with a partner.

• For those who do NOT often enjoy sex or reach orgasm, the following were the most common reported reasons why they think that's so: not feeling totally okay with partnered sex, illness, disability, and/or depression, fear of pregnancy or STIs .

• For those who DO often enjoy sex or reach orgasm, the following were the most common reported reasons why they think that's so: positive experiences with body image, masturbation, good health, feeling good about partnered sex, lack of pressure or obligation to have sex, feelings of strang attraction to partners, feeling partners care about their pleasure, happiness in relationships, use of birth control and safer sex, lack of rape/sexual abuse history, understanding one's own body.

• When asked what the PRIMARY reason for first becoming sexually active was: 0% reported because my partner wanted it, even if I didn't yet, 13% because I felt strong physical, sexual desire and couldn't quell it myself, 23% because I was curious about sex, or sick of waiting, 27% because it felt like the right time in my relationship, 3% because it felt like the right time for ME, full-stop, 3% because it felt like everyone else was doing it, 3% because I was/felt pressured to, 0% because masturbation wasn't "working" for me, or to try and cement/keep a relationship, or to prove my maturity, or my gender, or my orientation, etc.

• When asked, "What do you feel are the reasons you remain sexually active?", responses were:
- 57% enjoy the physical aspects of partnered sex.
- 43% enjoy the emotional intimacy of partnered sex.
- 40% enjoy partnered sex, all around, or in my current relationship.
- 3% ONLY enjoy sex with a partner, not with masturbation.
- 33% say that sex is an important part of my relationship.
- 10% are just not sure how to say no to all sex or some sex.
- 7% don't feel like a whole person, or "real" man if I'm not having sex.
- 7% Sex makes me feel attractive/good about my body when I can't otherwise.
- 10% just don't know.

• When asked about sexual initiation, sexually active male users report that they initiate (ask for) the sex:
- Less than 25% of the time. 7%
- 25 - 50% of the time. 27%
- 50 - 75% of the time. 20%
- 75 - 100% of the time. 17%

• When having any kind of sex with a partner, sexually active male users report that 30% feel like the active partner, 10% like a passive partner, and 30% that both partners are equally active.

In this poll, 20% of users were ages 13-15, 37% 16-18, 20% 18-20, 7% 20-23, and17% were over those ages. 7% of polled users partners were male, 60% were female, 7% both male and female.

At first sexual partnership, 3% of sexually active male users polled were under 13, 23% were 13-15, 30% were 16-18 and 13% were over 18.

• 77 report that they are or have been been satisfied with sexual experiences, and 23% that they have not been or are not.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnsouthpawjr
Activist
Member # 9384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnsouthpawjr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty Swell poll. Just wish that more people would've answered it..
Posts: 73 | From: Louisville, KY USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.