Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » Binding After a Surgery

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Binding After a Surgery
Bonnie.N.Clyde
Activist
Member # 34135

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Bonnie.N.Clyde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just recently had breast reduction surgery and went from a D to a B cup. I was interested in knowing whether or not binding (using a binder and not ace bandages) would be harmful to my chest. I did not have an ancor cut, but just around the nipple area and then a straight line down each side.

I wouldn't plan on doing so until I am completely healed but I was interested in whether it is a possibility.

--------------------
-
"And when everyone is super, no one will be."

-Syndrome, "THE INCREDIBLES"

Posts: 116 | From: Olympia, WA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry this hasn't been answered yet. I would suggested talking to your doctor or to the surgeon who performed the surgery, as they would know best in regards to the type of surgery you had.

Good Luck! [Smile]

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonnie.N.Clyde
Activist
Member # 34135

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonnie.N.Clyde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really, really wouldn't feel comfortable with that. But I did contact a friend who's a t-guy and he said it was fine.

--------------------
-

Posts: 116 | From: Olympia, WA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the future, it is really best to find a doctor that you feel comfortable asking questions. It is just not smart to take medical advice from somebody who's not your doctor and who doesn't know anything about your specific situation. While it's great that you have a friend you feel comfortable talking with, you've really got to be wise about who you listen to when you're talking about something that could potentially do damage to your body while it is healing.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonnie.N.Clyde
Activist
Member # 34135

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonnie.N.Clyde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really hadn't considered talking to my doctor about transgendered issues because it's something I didn't want to be out in the open.

I do understand what you're saying and I wouldn't simply do it because one friend said so. I'll definitely talk to more people before I do anything.

--------------------
-

ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you wouldn't even necessarily have to tell your doctor about being transgender. All you would have to say is that you would like to bind your chest, as you are more comfortable that way, and would like to know how the best way to go about that would be.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.