Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » a few thoughts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a few thoughts
kw82
Neophyte
Member # 26915

Icon 10 posted      Profile for kw82     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi there, i'm new to the group as i've just registered...in my early years i felt a bit gender neutral but dressed as a guy (I'm biologically male), i loved the colour pink (still do!). when i was around 11 years old i felt as if i had to try and be a guy (mentally), i sort of succeeded at this until a few years ago, when i was about 20 i felt that it wasn't right for me and i reverted to my more feminine mindset.

Other things during my earlier and then teen years were (and still are) that I felt that my hips should have been wider (i don't know why, it's just how i felt/feel that i should look). Along with the wider hips, part of me has wanted to wear simple (basic skirts/dresses) womens clothes since primary school (1988 - when i was 6). A partial conclusion i've come up with in terms of my identity is that i'm basically a tomboy/androgyne in thought (but not body yet).

Also, does anyone have any ideas if it's possible for me to take hormones in smaller doses to feminise myself a little?

sorry if this post was long winded, hope you all are having a pleasent day :-)

Posts: 1 | From: Waitakere city, AKL, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 10 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I highly recommend speaking to a therapist or other professional for real advice on this. If you are considering hormone therapy, you need a professional to help decide what is right for you.
Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.