Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » I am not gay, but why are boys so narrowminded?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am not gay, but why are boys so narrowminded?
malcinator2000
Neophyte
Member # 19910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for malcinator2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always been slightly femanstic, i always enjoy aromathersapy, massage poetry and classical music...or and face masks! but surely that's ok?
I know many homosexuals, but they are only as mates! and transvestites, of my age (I'm 14), they have all been beaten badly by other boyds, but they are great to talk to, and when you talk to them out of their dressed and makeup, they are perfectly hansome looking boys!
I have never been afriad to say that i think other boys look hansome, but when i comp-liment them im acused of homosexuality!
I have always acted a bit "camp", i bit kind of..."those trousers make his bum look really fit!!"...but I'm only complimentinbg his choice in clothes!

Help me out, becuase the punches hurt...but the teasing hurts more!

Posts: 10 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some heterosexual guys can be extremely femme/camp, just as some heterosexual women can be very butch. And yup, it's completely ok.

Unfortunately, anybody who doesn't fit the standard gender roles is likely to be accused of being gay or lesbian people, regardless of their real orientation, and suffer the same prejudice as gay or lesbian people.

However, if you do tell boys who you don't know well that they are handsome, it's not totally surprising that they may mistake it for a come-on. So you might want to be cautious with that.

If you are being bullied, I suggest you report it to the school staff and see if they can do anything about it.

You may well find that it gets better once you've left school; school can be an extremely intolerant environment for anyone who's "different" in any way, but often people get somewhat more tolerant as they mature.

And it needn't put a cramp in your style; my extremely camp best friend is currently living happily with his girlfriend .

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DiamondDog
Neophyte
Member # 20276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DiamondDog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend (who is completely heterosexual, I can assure you) said that he occasionally gets derogatory comments of a sexual nature thrown at him. Mind you, he is a tall, imposing guy, but because he occasionally dresses in a "metro" fashion and the fact that he is in his school's GSA, people will sometimes make comments about his sexuality. In one example of this, I love how he handled it. Someone came up to him and called him a "faggot." So instead of saying,"No I'm not," or "Shut up," he just replied, "Maybe I am."
I mean, what can you say to that?

Posts: 20 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.