Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: me
Member # 15912

Icon 5 posted      Profile for nicegirl101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sometime i feel like i wont to be a man.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might find this article interesting: Boys Will Be Boys... or Not?.

A lot really depends on what "wanting to be a man" means to you, and why you feel that way. And that's something that only you can decide.

It could be that you're interested in things that are socially stereotyped as "masculine", or that you feel only men are allowed to do.

It could be that you are transgendered or transexual, identify as a man, and want to consider "transitioning" to live as a man.

Or it could be that your gender identity doesn't neatly fit into the categories of "male" or "female" - and that's fine too.

As you'll see from some of the topics in this forum (not to mention "Orientation and Identity" and "GLBT Relationships"), there are plenty of people who are questioning their gender identity or how they want to express it, or who feel that the gender society has allocated them just doesn't "fit".

So you are not alone .

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCallahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely not alone. Although MTF, I can sympathize with the feelings of having the wrong body. However, it took me many years of self-exploration to come to this realization, and if you just now think you might be, or are still unsure of where your gender falls, you may want to take the time to deeply think about it, as well as read a lot.

I also suggest talking to someone. You'll find support in the most unlikely places. Mine was a History teacher I swear to God I thought I hated. Not really in any personal way, but she's a very hard grader. Still, not the first person I'd imagined that I'd recieve help from.

Basically, just don't run too far too fast. Don't do anything permanent or drastic. You may find that you just don't accept society's definition of a "woman's place" or you may find that your gender is a lot more complicated than mine. Hopefully when you find someone to talk to, they can direct you to someone who will be able to tell you where your issues really lie. But, as said, and will be said again, you are not alone.

Posts: 50 | From: Austin, TX, USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.