Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » concerned..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: concerned..
DogLover
Activist
Member # 30965

Icon 9 posted      Profile for DogLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello, for quite a few years now i have got really bad headaches, i thought they were mingrans,(cant spell) but my parents say they are not. sometimes, if i haven't eaten for a day or slept much, i feel really sick,then faint,and my vision goes for a bit then slowly comes back but really fuzzy,then i puke. also after sitting down, when i stand up i have to stand still for a bit coz my sight goes blurry and it takes like 10-20seconds to go back to normal, and my head thumps,like someone is hitting me on the head with a hammer or something,it happens everytime i stand up, i hate it. also just some days i feel really sick for no reason.
whats going on? :S

--------------------
x Just me x

Posts: 115 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've posted about this before : did you ever see a doctor as suggested? There's really nothing we can do for you, and you REALLY need to see a doctor if you're this sick, darling.
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thehiddenone
Activist
Member # 39654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thehiddenone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also may i add. I get the standing up thing. My doctor told me to take a longer period of time to get up. You need to sit up slowly then slowly stand up then it shouldn't be as bad.

Megan xx

Posts: 108 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DogLover
Activist
Member # 30965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DogLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i hate going to the doctors, i cant, have a phobia. and ok il take it slowly to get up.
thanks

--------------------
x Just me x

Posts: 115 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hun, you need to go with these symptoms, point-blank. Also, if you're still planning to have a baby, how do you plan to get prenatal care with a doctor phobia? You can't skip that.

You have to get over it somehow, for your health. Can a parent go with you? Your boyfriend?

[ 10-04-2008, 06:57 AM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DogLover
Activist
Member # 30965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DogLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok i mite make an appointment, but im so dreadin it, mite get boyfriend to go with me, i dont know. but thanks [Smile] x

--------------------
x Just me x

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Based on your last post Lauren linked to, I have to tell you that I think you need to just think about your worries about seeing a doctor.

If (and these are so rare, so I really doubt that's what's going on, but you mentioned it was your concern) worrying about a brain tumor without getting checked out feels LESS scary than just being seen to a checkup, you have to realize that this just doesn't make sense. And that your fear of seeing the doctor is likely doing you a lot more harm -- even just in terms of stress and how you are feeling -- than going to see someone could ever dream of doing.

But really, given your post history, at this point with these worries, please know there is nothing else we can do for you on this. The ball is in your court: you can either do what would be sensible and see a doctor, or just worry some more and feel lousy. But other than telling you to get seen by some kind of health provider, there is nothing else we can do.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DogLover
Activist
Member # 30965

ok thanks for all your help

--------------------
x Just me x

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.