Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » herpes?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: herpes?
mal
Neophyte
Member # 36975

Icon 5 posted      Profile for mal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so my firend has the vaguinal form og herpes nad i was told by another friend that if i chare a drink with this person i could get it to is that true? i think its one of those old myths but want to no the real facts before i go tell the person that told me what i think.
Posts: 16 | From: ohio | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love-Life
Activist
Member # 37952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love-Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, your friend has vaginal herpes, and you are wondering if you share a drink, if you have a chance of catching it.

I think that the friend who told you this is confusing oral herpes and vaginal herpes. The only way it can be transmitted is if a sore comes into contact with your face or genitals.

Vaginal herpes can absolutely be transmitted to a person's mouth in the form of oral herpes. This happens during oral sex or other activities.

However, if your friend does not have oral herpes, and you aren't coming into contact with her genitals the virus can not be transmitted.

Here's an article that will answer all of your questions and more.
The STI Files: Herpes

Hope this helped.

--------------------
There is an upside to everything, sometimes you just have to turn it upside down to find it.

:-) Vikki (-:

Posts: 153 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mal
Neophyte
Member # 36975

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you thats what i thought [Smile] iwas right
Posts: 16 | From: ohio | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.