Donate Now

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » Smoking

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Smoking
freakoutxx
Neophyte
Member # 35621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freakoutxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
So i've just recently started smoking... yeah I know it's stupid and i should stop and im slowly killing myself. I know. And I will stop.
Now that I've got that clear, as i said I've recently started smoking, well again I mean but before I never really inhaled the smoke. When I started smoking again, do to, well why does anyone smoke? Stress. I feel light headed when I inhale not the 'oh ima faint' kind, the nice 'im calm and i can think clearly now' kind. Yeah it's all great except one thing...
Ever since I started I'll get diareah a couple hours after a cig or feel very nautious. Whats this mean?? It never happened before.. If anyone knows what argeeleh is, well it's an arab kinda of smoking it looks like a big fat bong... But its not.
It's perfectly normal. Well I have that too when im out with my friends at cafes or whatever and it never affected me and I've had that longer than disgusting cigarettes, and never affected me with diareah! But my mom had it a few times, the argeeleh, and SHE got diareah from it. But she smokes like 2 packs of cigs a day and nothing happens to her. What is this?! Is it because my body isn't used to the intoxication or what? I really dont know who to go to or anything... A little help would be great. thanks [Smile]

--------------------
xx

Posts: 13 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, for years it’s been a huge secret what types of things are added to cigarettes – and in the US people have been fighting to find out the truth. Though many of the additives could be linked to diarrhea – the one that most commonly seems to be linked to this issue is the small amounts of arsenic (most commonly known for its use in rat poisons). Not everyone has this same problem with cigarettes – but when they do that’s usually what they’re told.

As you said above, when you smoked before you didn’t actually inhale (which for the products used in cigarettes to really get into your bloodstream it would indeed need to be inhaled rather than just held in your mouth). For this reason, you’re probably having the problem with diarrhea now and not before because it is getting into your bloodstream and cleaned out again soon after.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3428 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.