Donate Now

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » Acne?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Acne?
jakov
Neophyte
Member # 37993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jakov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!

Did anybody know some good product for acne. My face is overwhelmed whit scars and zits. I have try Proactive and Acnezine, but nothing help...

--------------------
www.diseasesarchive.com

Posts: 1 | From: Bosnia | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have tried a lot of the over the counter products designed for severe acne, such as the ProActive, then perhaps it's time to see a dermatologist. They could prescribe you an antibiotic treatment, or a medicated cream or ointment or wash that contains prescription strength cleanser and medication.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Karina
Neophyte
Member # 39520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anna Karina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard that if you use tea tree oil toners, it helps a lot- plus its supposed to be a lot less drying than some of the stronger acne medications. I dont actually think its an "oil", its just made from the extract of some kind of tree that supposedly has medicinal antibacterial properties.
I have not used proactive or acnezine as I dont really get extreme breakouts, but when I'm stressed out or tired, I get really blotchy and I occasionally break out.
I have though tried two tea tree oil toners that I really do recommend.
The first is Khiel's Tea Tree Oil Toner. Its a little bit on the expensive side ($24) a bottle, but it smells amazing, its really cleansing, and it makes my face less puffy in the morning. Plus, it has no alcohol in it.
A less expensive similar product, is Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil Freshener. The only differences besides colour of the products is that the latter has a bit of alcohol in it and the addition of witchhazel. Both I feel are really nice.
Khiels also has a really nice face wash that leaves my face tingly after I use it. I think its the Blue Herbal line- it has salyic (is that how you spell?) acid in it thats used to dry out acne. I've tried the moisturizer from the same line and I dont like it as much becuase my skin doenst absorb it well enough, but its supposed to leave your skin matte with no shine and also has some salyic (sp??) acid in it.
Khiel's gives out samples too!! So you should just go to the store and ask them for some of the Blue Herbal.

I realise I sound like I'm doing advertising, but I promise that I'm not affiliated in anyway with either Body Shop or Khiels.

Posts: 8 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can also recommend the Body Shop's tea tree product - I use Clean and Clear cleansers alongside it too.

--------------------
In a strange room, before you are emptied for sleep, what are you. And when you are filled with sleep you never were. I dont know what I am. I dont know if I am or not... how often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.

Posts: 1269 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Koi
Activist
Member # 39785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Koi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recommend that you see a dermatologist. Usually Proactive is about the strongest product you will get on the market. My acne was bad enough to need something more than over the counter, but good enough to not have to take any pills, so it was kind of a gray area that was kind of frustrating. I know that Neutrogena Oil-Free Face Wash works for many people. I've always used it before applying benzyaclin, the prescription treatment I'm using.

A trip to the dermatologists will be worth it because they can determine what is best for you. We could guess, but they will know...that's their job!

--------------------
"Love is the answer, but while you are waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions."

Posts: 171 | From: USA/CHINA | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
okthen
Neophyte
Member # 38480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for okthen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too suffer from acne and it is a very good idea to see a dermatologist. my doctor supplied me tablets to take twice a day and cream called 'duac' which are both very effective. For the mean time, a great product is 'eau thermal: Avene' face wash. Very gentle on the skin.
Good luck [Smile]

Posts: 4 | From: Northern Ireland | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soworried92
Neophyte
Member # 40446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soworried92     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it all depends on how severe your acne really is..
ive seen A LOT of people who have had a good amount of acne, and accutane gave them dramatic results...

Posts: 35 | From: usa | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.