Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » Early pneumonia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Early pneumonia
Allysa
Activist
Member # 29972

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Allysa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys,

Today after vising the docotr I was told I had a chest infection and early pneumonia, I'm on two different anti-biotics as well as an asthma inhaler to help me breathe and also sleep, that's jus it i can't.

As well as the temperature I am experiencing a pounding heart beat, now I have an irregular heartbeat at the best of times so I was wondering what I can do to be able to sleep, I didn't get much sleep last night due to the illness and the doctor said I need to rest in order to fight the infection, I just need to know how.

Any Ideas

--------------------
Ally

Posts: 289 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyMazy
Activist
Member # 36719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaisyMazy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a bummer, I'm sorry. Specifically maybe there is someone who could help you more, but I would say drink some herbal tea, run a bath, do some reading, anything to help you relax and not worry. Some times when I'm worrying about not being able to sleep, it's even worse. I would NOT try any over the counter sleep aids, it's my understanding that taking those while you have pneumonia is not the best idea, I believe they can slow your breathing some, and when it's already being hindered by pneumonia it's not good. Not that it would kill you , but It's not the safest thing. (I'm not totally 100% about that, if anyone knows anything more feel free to add or correct me) You could always call the dr's office and maybe the nurse would have some ideas for something more specific to do as well.
Posts: 74 | From: Austin, Tx | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allysa
Activist
Member # 29972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allysa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for you help, I got a little bit of sleep but not asmuch as I would like.

I just feel drained and congested, it's horrible.

I've also got the shakes which doesn't help when you're already weak.

Thank you again.

--------------------
Ally

Posts: 289 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyMazy
Activist
Member # 36719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaisyMazy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, It doesn't sound fun, It really is okay to call the dr. and at least talk to the nurse, make sure it's okay and what not. I really hope you start to feeling at least a teeny bit better soon.
Posts: 74 | From: Austin, Tx | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.