Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » Vaginal infection?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vaginal infection?
helpimconfuzzled
Activist
Member # 28953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpimconfuzzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have already read the infection section on vaginal secretions but Im sure i have a problem.

My vagina is irritable and the clitoris is very sore, its uncomfortable. The discharge is pretty normal except the last couple of days there has been more than usual. Its not chunky, is pure white and is a little thick and sticky like normal discharge. I am not sexually active.

I really do not want to go to the doctors and I refuse to let anyone examine me intimately, so if I could get some help on what it could be then I can go to the Chemist.

I have just looked thrush up, and it says if I have started antibiotics then I can get thrush, I have been on Amoxicillin for a tooth infection for a few days, perhaps thats what caused it? I am going to go to the dentist and buy some Canesten Duo to treat it as im pretty positive.

[ 03-14-2008, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: helpimconfuzzled ]

Posts: 91 | From: uk | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing is, you shouldn't self-diagnose and then try to treat it. You may not have thrush, and using a treatment for it can actually cause imbalances. I really recommend against trying to treat this without knowing exactly what it is.

Why do you refuse to let anyone examine your genitals? They are a body part like any other, except society has placed a kind of taboo on them.

From our article on thrush (yeast infections):

quote:
It's important to go to the doctor, however, the first time you have these symptoms. Do not self-medicate buy simply buying an over-the-counter treatment. If you do, and you do NOT have a yeast infection, you could either reduce the effectiveness of the medication when you DO have one, or you could end up with one you didn't have in the first place by disrupting the acid balance of your vagina with treatment that isn't correct.

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpimconfuzzled
Activist
Member # 28953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpimconfuzzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I have bought it and am about to take it, I hate going to the doctors and I'm really self concious about my genitals, i know theres nothing wrong, i just am. If the medication does not work, I will go to the doctors.
Posts: 91 | From: uk | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.