Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » This isn't really sex related but..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This isn't really sex related but..
PG
Neophyte
Member # 37116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The inside of my septum is swollen on the other sie and is a big soft lump yet it hasnt gone down like ever, and ive had it for about a year. It doesn't hurt to the touch but it makes me self concious and i can't look at people straight on because i feel very concious and its really getting me down. Can anyone please tell me what it possibly is?

--------------------
What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course

Posts: 22 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you ever had it looked at by a doctor? Unfortunately we can't tell what it may be via the internet- funny bumps and such are always best checked out by a medical professional in person.

(And for future reference, if you have a question not related to sex, perhaps you could find a more appropriate forum to post it in, say like General Health and Nutrition for this one, rather than Sex Basics? [Smile] )

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iamfree
Activist
Member # 35227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iamfree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You say that only one side of your septum is swollen? That sounds a bit like a deviated septum, but that's something you're born with. Are you sure you haven't had it your whole life? Maybe it has only become noticeable now.

But I agree with Leabug: you really ought to see a doctor/

Posts: 149 | From: Costa Rica | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(I'll move this to the General Health Section)

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.