Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » Asleep for breakfast?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Asleep for breakfast?
Penwords
Neophyte
Member # 34602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penwords     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I was sipping my coffee today at around 11, I started thinking.

All through school we're told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and that poor health will follow us everywhere if we don't eat something before we go off to school.

But now that school is out I've fallen into my typical night owl pattern of going to bed around 2AM and getting up around 11AM. Since that's only an hour or so before lunch time, I consider lunch to be my breakfast.

However, that means that I'm taking in all my daily calories at lunch and dinner; two meals instead of three.

So my question is, should I be eating a third light meal around ten or eleven? (three or four hours before bed) Or am I giving this too much thought?

Posts: 24 | From: MI | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hellokitty17
Activist
Member # 30069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hellokitty17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know exactly how you feel. lol.

Except, when I first started becoming a night owl, I would take advantage of this.... start sleeping in FURTHER, till like 3:00pm or so, so I could be able to skip both lunch AND breakfast, and thusly like lose weight fast.

SO, I'm gonna tell you skipping breakfast is NOT healthy.

When I started skipping both meals to, erm, lose weight I started getting:
-severe vertigo
-dizzyness even when like sitting (vertigo, in other words LOL)
-headaches 24/7
-nosebleeds.

Hence, I'm gonna say just try going to sleep at maybe like midnight, waking up at 10 (still giving you 10hrs sleep), eating like at 10:20, or so, then again at close to 3:00pm, and again at 8:00.

But that's just an idea I'd do for me... I'm not a trained dietist/nutritionist or nothing... just another stupid teenager's input. hehehe. ^^;;;;;

--------------------
what makes the one to shake you down?
each touch belongs to each new sound
say now you want to shake me too
move down to me slip into you

Posts: 74 | From: BOBD | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When are you hungry? That tends to be the best time to eat, regardless of how many meals you have or haven't eaten already.

So, if you're hungry at ten or eleven by all means have something to eat. [Smile]

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.