Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » itchy (yikes)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: itchy (yikes)
SumThinMeanAndSweet
Activist
Member # 31043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SumThinMeanAndSweet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok im having a problem.Iv been itchy and im scared.The last time i had sex with my boyfriend was about 3 weeks ago.A week after i went to planned parenthood and got my pap,std test,hiv/AIDS test,BC and eveything else that comes with the package.Now i'v been itchy b4 we had sex and we are both up to date with our std teating.Now whats bothering me is im having this itch in my vagina.I dont like it.I dont have no vaginal discharge except my normal discharge and i have no odd odor except my natural odor.My std,pap,hiv test i guess came back neg because they havent contacted me about anything.And being that iv had the itch b4 i went to pp and then i went if it was something wouldnt they have found it.My question is what can it be.Im scared because its bothering me.Im hoping its not an std but if it was i should have been contacted already.
Also when i went to pp i took a pregnacy test and it was neg but the test was dont when the risk was only 8 days later and that was a thrusday.On that sunday i started my bc.Then on the next thrusday i bought a generic pt and that was neg.My question is should i rely on those results of neg and assume they are correct or should i take another test to be sure.And could it be possible to have 2 neg results and still be pregnate.

Posts: 56 | From: NYC | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some STDs can take a while to show symptoms or be detectable with a test, so even if you got tested right away, it does not mean you're all clear. Also, don't assume you're good to go just because you haven't been contacted. I suggest you call PP and ask about your test results and, while you're at it, mention the itching and make an appointment to get that checked out.

Pregnancy tests are pretty accurate, so if you got two negatives, it's safe to assume that you're not pregnant. If you're still worried, however, you can always get another test for your peace of mind.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brianna
Activist
Member # 30599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it itchy all the time?
Personally, I have really sensitive skin. Water dries out my skin, and I tend to get itchy when my vagina is wet (but not my personal lubrication, but sometimes added lubrication makes it itchy).

Do you itch anywhere else? It may not be the vagina itself, but the skin on the vagina. It may be a dermatology issue.

Posts: 63 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becca424
Neophyte
Member # 30727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becca424         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been having this issue also, only it itches me more outside of my vagina (on my clitoris) and sometimes at the opening of my vagina. I thought at first it was a yeast infection but later when I went to my obgyn we discovered that the itching began after two new things I began doing: One: I changed the soap I normally used to a new brand. Two: I shaved all my hair off down there. The doctor explained that when new things are done down there, things that didnt normally bother you before do. I have never really been sensitive about soaps and stuff, but she stated that it could just now be a factor. After I changed back to the soap I was using before the itchiness went away. Hope this helps out.

Take care,
Rebecca

--------------------
Rebecca

Posts: 14 | From: CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SumThinMeanAndSweet
Activist
Member # 31043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SumThinMeanAndSweet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok the itching is kinda inside my vagina but not deep.Like right next to the opening but a lil inside.And a lil itch on my clitoris.I know this cant be an std because like i said i went to planned parenthood about a month after the itching stated.If it was something it would have been detected by them.But i did change soaps.Now that i think of it i was using dove the pink bar and olay ribbons body was at the same time on my washcloth.I would latter up my dove on the wash cloth and then put the ribbon an it and then wash up.So maybe that can be the perp.I didnt do it taday and i didnt itch.So maybe its that.But I'll pay more attention to that and see what happens.If thats why im having an itch
Posts: 56 | From: NYC | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamma
Neophyte
Member # 31136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jamma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive had exactly the same problem. i thought it had to do with not being fully aroused for sex, or that my boyfriend doesn't shower much.
do you use birth control because ive heard that can cause yeast infections?, i think thats what i was experiencing.

Posts: 10 | From: San antonio TX | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarah303
Neophyte
Member # 26611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarah303     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i found it was soap that irritated me down there. i think its best to just use water its more natural and if you wash twice a day water is fine. if not unperfumed, mild soap like simple is good.
Posts: 24 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SumThinMeanAndSweet
Activist
Member # 31043

Well i have changed soaps and havent noticed the itch.i just use caress soap cause it smells good.But like i said the itching has stoped. i guess using 2 soaps is not a good idea.
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's generally best to use an unscented, gentle soap on your vulva. The skin down there is much thinner and more sensitive than the rest of your skin, so things like Dove may even be too much for it.

I've always found Aveeno body wash to be helpful, as I have super sensitive skin that's prone to itchiness (even down there) during winter... it's made from oatmeal apparently, and oatmeal naturally soothes itchy skin (ever taken an oatmeal bath when you had the chicken pox?).

But regardless, it does sound like a lot of you guys are using harsher scented soaps and body washes, and they may be irritating the sensitive skin on your vulvas.

Using a harsh soap or any kind of feminine cleanser can really mess up the PH of your vagina too, which can lead to things like yeast infections. Like Sarah303 said, mild soap, or even just water, will be enough to clean things up! Best of luck! [Smile]

[ 10-24-2006, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: leabug ]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.