Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » I drink too much Alcohol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I drink too much Alcohol
liverpoolfc
Neophyte
Member # 28624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liverpoolfc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I am 16 years old

Every Friday,Saturday and sometimes Sunday nights I go out drinking with my friends. Well most of the time I drink too much and get full(Drunk) well I want to know is that to much Alcohol for me to drink 3 times a week.

The only reason I drink Alcohol is to have enough confidence to dance and to chat up woman otherwise I wouldnt be able to.

I have tried not drinking but its not as fun because I am always thinking about what people are thinking of me etc and I cant get girls as easy.

Plz help

Posts: 16 | From: england | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be frank, you should not be drinking alcohol at all, the legal age for alcohol consumption in England is 18.

So, that's really the only answer we can give you. It is not right/healthy for you to be drinking at all.

From the guidelines

Scarleteen cannot and will not answer questions which pertain to explicit sexual technique or illegal activity, and posts which request such material will be closed or deleted, which includes, but is not limited to, such questions and subjects as:
How to perform specific sexual activities (i.e., "How do I give a blow job?" "What are some new sexual positions?")
Illegal drug use or drug abuse (including alcohol use under the legal drinking age)
Illegal or patently unsafe sexual activities (i.e., bestiality, statutory rape, incest, purposefully transmitting disease or infection, etc.)
Stated intent to engage in potentially dangerous or illegal activities or practices

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liverpoolfc
Neophyte
Member # 28624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liverpoolfc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you give me a link of a site where I can post this and get answered on it. Or would it help if I said I was 18
Posts: 16 | From: england | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure what sort of answer you're looking for. It sounds like you already know you may have a problem.

Binge-drinking is seriously unhealthy at any age, and drinking to deal with social anxiety is a set-up for dependency.

As Smurf's pointed out, it's illegal for you to purchase alcohol from a bar or licenced premises in the UK anyway - that limits the help we can give you here.

But here are some UK links to give you more information and support in behaving more healthily - some of them are specifically oriented towards teens:

http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/
http://www.alcoholconcern.org.uk/servlets/home
http://www.talkaboutalcohol.com/
http://www.mindbodysoul.gov.uk/alcohol/alcmenu.html

Drinkline is a free and confidential helpline which can give you advice and point you towards local resources and supports:

0800 917 8282 (24 hours)

--------------------
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - the Talmud

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.