Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » Eczma

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eczma
Natasha89
Activist
Member # 27246

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Natasha89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know i have posted before
But this is driving me mad!
I have tried 7 different creams these past 3 days an none work.
Im itching like mad, im bleeding from the itch and i look red raw.
Ive had cold flannels, ive had warm moist baths.. nothing!
Ive phoned the doctor they cant fit me in till tuesday but i have work..and im not sure what time because i dont start till tuesday.
I have quiet really at the end of my thether.
I know half of it is stress because im worried about my job / my aunt whos in hosp an the current situation with my partener.
Ive tried almost everything i can think of.
Its all over my arms, base of my back, my legs are covered i look a mess..
Help please any suggestions its driving me mad! [Mad]

--------------------
Behind every great man is a great woman

Posts: 91 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're right, stress does tend to make excema worse.

Trying 7 creams in 3 days doesn't give them a lot of time to work. Getting the itching and rashes to go away takes a bit more time than a day with 1 cream. What, specifically, have you tried? I've found with my excema that most marketed creams don't work. the only one that helps with occasional breakouts is a plain 1% cortisone cream (although it tends to make it itch a little more initially, once you get past that, it feels much better)

Another thing you can try, for now at least, until you get to the doctor, is calamine lotion. Works wonders, I swear. Just spread it over any and every area you have an outbreak, and let it dry.

You've really got to bo conscious about not itching, as hard as it is. If you don't think about it, it helps a little, but if you must, put mittens on your hands to lessen to effects.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natasha89
Activist
Member # 27246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natasha89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive tried betnovate
cetraben
fucibet
e45
germaline
savalon

i never throught of calamine ive always assosiated that with chicken pox, is it ok to use on eczma

--------------------

Posts: 91 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. It can be an awesome remedy. An oatmeal bath -- you can buy that at any pharmacy too -- can also provide a lot of relief.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_Sithney
Activist
Member # 28185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saint_Sithney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine with severe eczema said that extra virgin olive oil worked wonders for him. He just dabs it on the dry areas and hasn't had a lot of trouble since.

The more severe your flaking, the less chemicals you want to put on your skin, they really can make things worse. Using 7 different lotions means you could've put upwards of 100 different chemicals on your skin, and that's probably making your skin even more sensitive and inflamed. Try asking at your local health food store for some natural alternatives in the time you're waiting to see your doctor- the fewer ingredients, the better in this case.

--------------------
'My nerves are bad to-night. Yes, bad. Stay with me.
'Speak to me. Why do you never speak? Speak.
'What are you thinking of? What thinking? What?
'I never know what you are thinking. Think.'
-T.S. Eliot The Waste Land

Posts: 71 | From: US | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natasha89
Activist
Member # 27246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natasha89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ill try using camamile see how things go from there
im ringing doctors again this morning see if they can try get me in

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.