Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » bumps on my tongue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bumps on my tongue
alymb03
Neophyte
Member # 19966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alymb03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, for about a week now, I've had really big red bumps on the back of my tongue. Also, I have this whitish film over my tongue, going from the back to about the middle. The bumps do not hurt and the film doesn't brush off but I feel like maybe it does a little. My glands are very enlarged and it hurts to swallow. I have also been getting headaches, but that might just be the weather. (my sinuses get bothered by the weather changing a lot). I am a smoker, and I have hooked up with a couple of guys in the past three months. I am just trying to give all the info that might be helpful. Please tell me what you think. Do I need to go get tested for some sort of STD or STI? Will it go away or do I need some antibiotics? I'm kinda stressed that they haven't gone away after a week. Please help.
Posts: 23 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's really really hard to know online what you may have ... It could be a simple throat infection requiring antibiotics. We don't know.

You need to see your doctor. Only s/he can diagnose and treat you.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deunan Knute
Neophyte
Member # 25996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deunan Knute     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could possibly be strep throat. I catch it fairly easily and my tongue gets whitish too. If it's strep throat, then the only way to fully get rid of it is to take antibiotics your doctor perscribes you.
Posts: 23 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.