Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » addicted too...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: addicted too...
frenchy
Activist
Member # 11720

Icon 13 posted      Profile for frenchy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm addicted to Nutella (a chocolate/hazelnut sandwhich spread) i've been eating it ever since i can remember (about 5 years old)and over the last few years ive been eating it at least twice a day!!!
I cant stop eating it, but it really isn't helping me with my weight and its not that healthy.
I dont know how to stop eating it without craving it, help!!

Posts: 43 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi frenchy,

i know all about craving nutella, i like it a lot, too.
however, i doubt you're really addicted to it in the sense that you get withrawal syptoms once you eat less or none. so there's hope, hon.
one can change eating habits, and eating healthier doesn't mean completely getting rid of nutella, or choclate in general altogether: just have it in moderation.

how about spreading it thinner for a start? it's very strong flavoured, so a little can go a long way.
also, how about swapping the white toast (if that's what you're having it on) for a healthier bread variety.
if you really want to go cold turkey (which rarely works, in my experience) don't have it in the house (if you don't do the shopping, ask your mom to not get it) - and now matter what, make an effort to have healthy alternatives in reach instead. - for every nutella toast you have, how about having 2 extra servings of fruit or veges?

my best galpal likes nutella so much she scoops it with a spoon sometimes, and only buying the smallest nutella jar available has helped her in recognizing earlier when she's head enough.

if i find i crave choc (and that's perfectly okay, anyway!), what works for me is to have a little bit of very rich, i.e. 85% choc or a cup of hot cocoa (low sugar, prepared with low fat milk = extra calcium! yay!) instead of a lot of nutella toasts.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.