Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » underweight?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: underweight?
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I searched for this and i didnt come up with anything.
i dont know if im underweight, normal, or overwight heres my story:

Im 5'7, 120-130 pounds, 17% body fat.

people think i have an eating disorder but i dont, i can out eat my dad who is 6'2! and actually i do have a tummy, i look like im pregnuant, but im so not.

------------------
i love matt
my world

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you worry about your weight, make sure to discuss it with your doc.
A physical and bloodwork can usually determine whether everything is a-okay.

Your Body Mass Index (which can help in evaluating weight) at 5'7 and 120 pounds would be 18,97. A BMI below 18,5 is considered underweight.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 06-11-2002).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel_Kisses
Activist
Member # 7964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel_Kisses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I am 14 I am 5'5 and I think my weight is somewhere between 95 lbs to 100 lbs..To me it sounds like to me you are going threw a normal Teen thang..See I eat all the time and never gain a pound..I hate it because I know I look punny..My sister told me that I look like I have an eating disorder but I dont..I wouldn't worry about it unless you think there could be something up..Then I would a docter..
Hope I helped..
Angel_Kisses

------------------
Children in the dark cause accident's:Accident's in the dark cause children.

Posts: 52 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best way to find an eating plan that will help you get to a healthy weight is to visit a nutritionist...they are a wonderful resource in helping to change your eating habits to obtain the results you want.
Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackRoseFaery
Activist
Member # 7365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackRoseFaery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sister is about 5'6 and weighs roughly 90 pounds. But the doctor says she's healthy. And she definitely doesn't have an eating disorder. She literally eats about 3 times as much as I do. And I'm 5'7 and weigh about 165 lbs.

Of course, it kinda bothers me sometimes, but with all the anorexic looking models with in the media, who doesn't get bothered by their weight?

Posts: 88 | From: Hixson, TN, US | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its so weird, like i will go throug spurts where i will eat a lot then there is times when i dont eat at all.

------------------
i love matt
my world

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.