Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » Dietitian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dietitian
killer_raincoat
Activist
Member # 6610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killer_raincoat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so i'm going to see a dietitian on Friday, and as odd as it may sound, i'm a tad nervous. I'm not really sure what to expect, and i was wondering if anyone had had experiences going to a dietitian. It's an hour appointment, and i don't really know what we're going to do for an hour, or what i should be prepared to bring with me.

Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
"Everybody thinks i'm such a horrible person, but i have the heart of a little boy. In a jar. On my desk." -Stephen King

Posts: 212 | From: Winnipeg | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that you aren't going to the dietitian for the same reason i went, but i'll try and tell you what my experience was like. (i went because of my diabetes)

Mine was really really nice, and she just sat down with me and asked me what i'd been eating and she talked about my weight and how i would need to gain back all the weight i'd lost from Diabetic ketoacidosis. We outlined a meal plan together and figured out what things would be good to eat, and how i could tell how many carbs and stuff were in my food.

One of the reasons my sessions went so well( i no longer see a dietitian) is because she was so nice to me and built up that trust. I knew she was just there to help me out.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.