Donate Now

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » Your Favorite/Most Loathsome Excersises

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your Favorite/Most Loathsome Excersises
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a place to tell us what excersises you adore, and which ones you can't stand and wish they'd die and burn and get buried deep into the ground and they never come out again and everyone forgets about them so you never have to do them again....well, you get the point.

I love: ballet, jazz, hiphop, soccer, kickball (hehe, everyone needs to play kickball), Tae Bo, swimming, synchronized swimming, and yoga, (and performing on my old dance team, and dancing/jumping around at concerts)

I hate: baseball, basketball, badminton (I'm pretty good at it actually, I jsut don't like it), most arobic classes, running (even though I do it anyway), pushups and situps (they're just so boring!)

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

It's hard being a human being - Shirley Manson

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i ... hate ... lunges.

had to do them for soccer practice (loved soccer!) and i swear after a few trips around the gym my legs were JellO and my butt was to sore to sit on.

love tennis. love swimming.

hey, DDR! that's exercise! expensive, though at 75 a game.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hate: Running, hockey, soccer, dodgeball, anything I'm required to do by my school.

Love: Martial Arts, softball, swimming, modern dance, the kind of dancing you do at a party or club (does that have a name?), ultimate frisbee, yoga, Israeli folk dance ( I do it at my camp), walking really far on a nice day.

------------------
*Limes Are Sublime*

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's DDR?

------------------
*Limes Are Sublime*

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with Poetgirl about yoga... I love it! I just got back from a yoga class at my gym. It helps me relax, shape up, work on balance, and become more whole. I like it a lot better than running or biking; I've never been much of a push-yourself-to-the-limit-high-endurance-girl, so yoga is great for me .

------------------
Don't mess with Texas

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DDR is a video game called Dance Dance Revolution. it's my latest addiction. you step on arrows.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dancing always rocks and when I am in the mood, a spot of cycling by the beach does wonders.

I hate any other form of exercise. Especially running and stomach crunches which has to be the most boring form of exercise in the entire universe.

The exercise I do the most often is opening the fridge door.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dislike

Step Aerobics. Anything that resembles choreographed dancing. I am just not good at that. Soccer. Anything we did back in school, apart from basketball and badminton. Tennis.

Pilates (even though I haven't found a class where to learn it properly). Tae-Bo. Body Pump (working out with bar bells, in a group). I enjoy playing footie in a group, preferably very rough and in the rain. Anything a little more athletic, really, nothing too girly *rofl*.
I used to like basketball (but don't play that anymore) and badminton, which I can't play anymore, due to an old shoulder injury that always flares up when I play badminton.
In general, I really like most workouts and exercises....even an hour on the cross trainer and some crunches and stretches are enough to make me feel fab. Swimming or lounging at a spa for a day is fab too. Or hiking. Or whatever.
Even though it's not a "technical" workout, I've been trying to get myself into the habit of doing sun salutations every day, which hasn't worked yet, due to stress, but shall work sooner or later.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dislike ... breaking a sweat. I hate anything that makes me feel all sticky. That pretty much cancels out any kind of movement, when you're me. I was on the vball team for half of a semester and we had to do this warm up thing around one half of the court ... a mix of different feet and arm movements and oh yes, lunges. I hated that.

As for things i like ... I love volleyball and dancing. I like to swim also ... But that's about it

------------------
When mom found my diaphram, I told her it was a bathing cap for my cat.
~ Liz Winston

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love to jog, walk, ride a bicycle, and lift weights... but I really hate doing crunches, they make my neck hurt! More than likely I'm doing em wrong, but crunches are the only things I hate.

------------------
"I can't take anymore of this, I wanna come apart, or dig myself a little hole, inside your precious heart... 'cause it's always raining in my head... forget all the things I should have said..."
-Epiphany (Staind)

~*S h a n n a*~

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morganlh85
Activist
Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morganlh85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I love Tae-Bo, and I just started walking, which is fun IF I have my CD player!

I cannot STAND Jane Fonda. I have an old "Low-Impact" aerobic video of hers, and I swear I was about to die after 40 minutes of it...

Posts: 304 | From: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love: swimming, bellydance, informal dancing, biking, walking, gardening, sex, any kinds of martial arts when I'm offered free lessons, frisbee, calvinball, roller skating.

Hate: "working out", jogging, anything involving trying to get something to the other end of a field in a big group of people (soccer, football, hockey, etc.), anything else that smacks of too much formality.

Posts: 257 | From: Sarasota, FL | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, Eclipse just reminded me. Love bellydancing, did it for three years when I as a younger kiddo. If you hate excersise, go belly dance. You'll get hot and sweaty, but it's so much fun and you leave feeling so sexy. Go now. It's great

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

Finish the fairy tale that you were drunk enough to start - Veruca Salt

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sapphire85
Activist
Member # 2709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sapphire85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely LOVING DDR. One of my Korean friends has one of her own- straight from Korea, so whenever I go over her house, it's the thing to do! You know they're making one for Sega Playstation!! Other than that I'm digging swimming (two teams I'm on, what a nut!), soccer (only one team), and running. I really love the elliptical machine they have at the Y where I go to "work out", and I don't mind lifting weights. I want to look like Marion Jones. She has such a great body- I envy her so much. Somehow, my muscles are strong, but not all into defining themselves. Crazy muscles. :-)

------------------
"Those who don't got it, can't show it. And those who got it, can't hide it."

Posts: 121 | From: Some random suburb.. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kittylouise711
Neophyte
Member # 14134

Icon 14 posted      Profile for kittylouise711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I absolutely hate pull-ups, running, and soccer.

My all-time favorite sport is softball. I have been doing it for 2 years and am extremely well at it. My second favorite exercising activity (it's not considered a sport) is walking. Its relaxing, pain-free, and very healthy. Yesterday I walked 3 miles and felt completely energized after-wards. Some of my other favorites are tennis, swimming, basketball (by myself, though) ), yoga, and leg-lifting. It's when you lay on your side and lift one legstraight up as high as you can and then set it back down, but about a foot above your stationary foot and continue. I prefer listening to music while doing this, to set my mind on something else.

Don't forget always to have a bottle of water with you while exercising or participating in any sport to keep yourself hydrated.

Posts: 36 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love love love ice hockey. And I really like various weight lifting activites. I'm not a fan of anything that involves running, except for capture-the-flag and pickup games of american football. I like baseball and it doesn't require much running.
Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Roses
Activist
Member # 9928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Roses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love: martial arts, folk dance, frisbee, running around with friends, tree climbing, juggling (this counts as excercize for me because half the time is spent running after dropped balls), eliptical trainers in the gym, and can tolerate casual badmitton and tennis

Hate: pretty much anything which involves team sports and/or people throwing round objects at me, running/jogging, and swimming except in high summer

Posts: 105 | From: Bryn Mawr, PA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Running is painful for me. No matter what I do, my breasts will bounce. They're quite large, and I've found nothing thus far to make it stop. On top of that, the fat on my stomach bounces too, and that really hurts. It's not solid, it's more liquidy. If that makes sense. But it's going away slowly...

I absolutely loved my self-defense class. It was based on Karate. We did wonderful streches before for 30 minutes, and practice self defense for 20 minutes 2 times a week. It was wonderful.

That, and I snowboard. I love it. It works muscles that I forgot I had. That firs time of the season...Oh man. I miss it so much. Winter, here I come!

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Koi
Activist
Member # 39785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Koi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am going to try out Tai Chi sometime. I know, usually you see older people doing it, but I figure that older people have are more likely to be wiser than me because I've been alive for less than two decades, and if enough of them are doing it, there has to be something to it.

--------------------
"Love is the answer, but while you are waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions."

Posts: 171 | From: USA/CHINA | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.