Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Desperate!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Desperate!
Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know you guys are doctors, and probably not vets either, but any answers you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Um okay, we just noticed this..

Our dog, who is approx. 3 years old, has a swollen, pink ring (whether the rim of his eye is) around his eye. It's seems as if watery 'eyeboogers' are coming out, but at the same time, three-fourths of his right eye is closed. His left appears to be fine, at the moment anyway.

Yesterday, a another dog, which is also a registered poodle, was dropped off with us and will be staying for who knows how long (but we do not plan on keeping him). This dog doesn't seem to have anything wrong with him. In fact, besides being extremely thin, he appears to be healthy.
We also have another registered miniature toy poodle who we've had for about two years now. He's fat, but appears, and has pretty much always been, healthy.
*I add this incase it may be because it may help.

I dont know his health problems, although I do know he's always been a sickly dog and in and out of the vet's office.

We have no way of getting him to a vet's office until at least Monday, the 2nd because my parents have to work and cant take off!

What could it be?
What could I do?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

[ 05-29-2008, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: Typical Young and Dumb Teenager? ]

--------------------
Young and Dumb.
"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." - Keith Urban

Posts: 243 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like some type of infection... unless your dog becomes really lethargic (like not wanting to move at all), chances are he'll be fine. If he does start seeming like he's in a lot of pain, or if he's overall health deteriorates, I'd suggest finding another adult to go with to the vet.

In general, eye problems are not something to be treated by non-professionals.

You should try to keep the other dogs away from him, just in case it's contagious. You should also wash your hands after you touch him because most things that make dogs sick make people sick too.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, atm.

When I woke up around noon today, he is acting the same as he always does, which btw isn't really doing much because after he had his previous surgeries and everything, he has totally changed, but the eye problem is still there.

I've decided that I'll inform my mom about it tonight, because I have yet to speak to her, and then I'll let her decide what to do from there.

--------------------
Young and Dumb.

Posts: 243 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Selkie
Activist
Member # 33078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Selkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My parent is a vet- I'll talk to her about it ^_^

(Although I bet she'll say she can't make any diagnostics without actually seeing the animal...)

--------------------
"Fear is the mind-killer"
-Don't be afraid.

Posts: 117 | From: I'd prefer to keep it private | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, come to find out, he just had something in his eye that was causing an infection. So, everything is fixed, and he is okay now.

Thanks, though.
[Smile]

--------------------
Young and Dumb.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.