Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Surgery!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Surgery!
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone- just thought I'd throw out a quick update here with regards to my health, since some people asked me to keep you guys all updated. [Smile]

I just got home today from the hospital- I had my surgery late Friday night. It turns out I have Crohn's present in 2/3 of my small intestine, which is a lot, unfortunately. They took out about 10 cm of intestine that was strictured (too tight with scar tissue for food to pass through), gave me three strictureplasties (widened three narrow parts), as well as drained a couple of abcesses and removed a dermoid cyst (may as well get it while i'm having surgery anyway!). It was all done laparoscopically, so I don't have much in terms of incisions!

So, while surgery went well, I'm still pretty darn sick with my Crohn's, and should be starting Remicade fairly soon here with the goal of keeping the rest of my intestines from getting as bad as the stuff just removed/dealt with.

I'm pretty groggy and on pain meds, so I'm gonna go back to bed now- but I just wanted to thank everyone who expressed their best wishes and such!

Thanks!!!

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lea, glad the surgery went well. I hope you have a good recovery and start feeling better soon!

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lea: Wishes of a quick and health filled recovery. Glad to hear everything went well!

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool beans on getting the whole thing done labroscopically! That makes recovery easier, and there's no big-*** scars to deal with.

Glad to hear you're doing okay. Heal up and feel better!

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear your surgery went well. :) Good luck with your recovery.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.