Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » guiltyangel's little hideaway

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: guiltyangel's little hideaway
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured i needed some space to not talk about the serious issues in my life and just try to maybe bounce a few of my other ideas and problems off you, that don't necessarily require a good answer either.

I'll introduce myself a little better first (even though its been two years and my personal problems are qutie well aired). I am 18 years old and live in the north west of england. I have just finished my A Levels and am waiting for the results currently. Hopefully i get to go to university in Lincoln in september for three years to study history.

I live with mum, step-father, and two sisters and my adorable fluffy hamster, dusty. I have also got into a new relationship round about five months ago, which is far better for me than my previous.

I'm a chronic neurotic, and i've had problems with cutting and depression which i'm slowly getting over with the help of a counsellor. I also have some issues with trust and jealousy but have recently decided that rather than distrusting my boyfriend, Dan, that i should focus the distrust on his best friend who is the one causing the problems for me.

Anyway, that's me roughly introduced. So i was just hoping this could be somewhere that i could bounce my less serious issues and ideas on you all.

That is all for now. Thank you! x

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what do other people think about the merits of buying my own kettle to take to uni with me in september? just to keep in my bedroom in halls?
Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry if I'm misinterpreting your post, but I've got no clue exactly what you mean by a "kettle." Do you mean like a tea kettle? If that's the case, I see no problem with that. Hot water for drinks and soups and whatnot is always a good thing to be able to make in a dorm room! Just check on the specifics of what is allowed in your building so that you don't get yourself into trouble and make sure that you've turned the thing off before you leave your room. [Smile]

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

lol yeh i mean something for boiling water! i've checked up with the uni they said its ok as long as i stick to the safety guidelines cos it just counts as an electrical appliance.

so we think its a good idea? i might buy a little pink one.

ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would definitly go for it. It could be very useful, not just for tea but for instant soups and oatmeal and all sorts of other yummy treats. And a pink one? Very cute!

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree too, having something to heat water in is an absolute must in any dorm room. [Smile]

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pyro_angel
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They make a sort of universal heating thing here (North America) that my mom used when she was trucking. You plug it in, and you can put anything in it, water, canned soup, frozen stew your mom sent with you, etc, and it heats it quickly to boiling. It would work as a kettle, but is more universal. I don't know if you can get them there.. am I allowed to post a link to one?

--------------------
Courtenay

Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

i dont know about a link but it sounds interesting. i might look into that. i'm just trying to get a list together for when i move in september really and thought a kettle might be good.

if anyone else has any suggestions about what to take to uni with me then please let me know! thanks!

poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

so i just got my halls of residence room number through today! i'm so excited! it makes it a little bit more real now! yay!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.