Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » LittleMissSunshine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LittleMissSunshine
LittleMissSunshine
Activist
Member # 33438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleMissSunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I've been hanging around here a bit more, I thought it was apporpriate to make my own little topic.

A bit about me:

I'm in college, currently working on my Bachelor's. The plan is to get my degree, then apply to the Physical Therapy program at my University, which is an additional 3 years or so. But hey, I'll have a doctorate degree!

I work in a long term care/nursing facility. I was a bit too lazy to go get certified to be a nursing assistant in High School, so I assist with the Therapeutic Recreation Department, and dabble in the kitchen a bit. Therapeutic Rec, for those of you who don't know, has a main goal of keeping up quality of life for our residents by providing enriching social and cognitive programs-especially for those who have Dementia or related problems.

A big passion in my life is health care, and educating others about their own health. I really love this site-good for answering my own personal questions, and keeping me up to date on my sexual health info (consequently my friends too!!)

I'm not sure how often I'll be updating this, or using this, but I think its a good start [Smile]

[ 06-29-2007, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: LittleMissSunshine ]

Posts: 64 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard, LMS. PT is a great goal to be working towards. There's a lot of demand of DPTs right now. Good luck, and we'll see you around the boards.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleMissSunshine
Activist
Member # 33438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleMissSunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, a little update.

I've been working my rear end off for the past few weeks to work on my school loans and rent for the next year and such, and it's finally starting to add up!

And, *drum roll please*
I signed up to do the TC 10 Mile...which is basically a shorter version of the Twin Cities Marathon. I've never been a serious runner; my only goal is to finish. But yes, I'm getting very excited-and it isn't even till October!

Posts: 64 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleMissSunshine
Activist
Member # 33438

Whoa. So I'm sure many of you have heard about the bridge collapse in Minneapolis...

And I'm thanking my lucky stars...
My apartment is a block away from the river that the bridge collapsed into. I SAW my apartment on the TV news coverage.

BUT I was at work, and later chose to go to my Mother's house for movie night instead of heading back to my apartment. Needless to say, I'm not heading back for a few days...

Thanks to whatever diety is out there [Smile]

(In other news, I got my first tattoo yesterday. It was on my inner hip, pretty darn low...I LOVE it!)

LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, LMS, I'm really glad you're okay. One of my best friends lives in Minneapolis, and I called him as soon as I got the chance - turns out he's in Chicago for the week, and everyone he knows at home is safe and sound, so that was a relief. Sending my thoughts your way - hope all your loved ones are well. *hugs*

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleMissSunshine
Activist
Member # 33438

Thank you for your thoughts and concerns LucysDiamonds!! To the best of my knowledge all of my friends and family are safe and sound!

It's been a scary couple of days in the Twin Cities...something I don't think I'll ever forget. It'll be a long time before everything returns to some semblance of normalcy.

I'm heading back to my apartment tommorow, so we'll see how that goes...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.