Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Nailo: a work in progress

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nailo: a work in progress
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone!

I realized my "blog" on this page was deleted... whoops, guess I was just too inconsistent. I love writing, I really do. I guess what holds me back is that I know that when I do, I'll go on for pages and pages, and don't want my hands to hurt or to bore people.

So... in the most summarized way possible. What's happened since my birthday in November?

Spent Christmas and New Years on the m.s. Amsterdam!! My grandfather has been going on annual, or semi annual cruises for a few years now, but he's never taken me, despite my grandmother's wishes to take me. Now that she's gone, he wanted to fulfill her wish [Smile] My first cruise! It was really great; hope to do it again some time!

Too bad my dad made it such hell to be able to go... and now my mother tells me that she can't handle him by herself anymore, and that maybe if I talked to him every once in a while we could live in peace and he won't blow up. She doesn't think that if I appease him with this, he'll be wanting more and more. I agreed to call him twice a month for short, non-conflicting calls. I still feel aweful because after all, I'm the one who has to make an effort to make things better, despite being the survivor.

But at the end of this year, I'm turning 18, and after that, I plan not to talk to him ever again. What my mother chooses to do is not going to be my problem anymore. I really don't know why she NEEDS to talk to him. He could make automatic deposits in our account, we could get a restraining order. After this year,I plan to rid myself from him and his family... even if my mother says I can't just run from the problem. What I say is, why not run from the problem if it's a problem I can't fix anyway?

On a happier note, I got a job! The director for my play at Christmas recommended me to a producer friend of hers, who needed a teenaged girl to voice act as a little boy in an animated series for children- and that would be me! I went in, and despite the sound directors underestimating me since I'm so young and have such little experience, I impressed them. The head director came up to me and told me "YOU were the surprise of today! I hadn't seen someone catch on to this as fast as you, and I've been doing this for a long time!" The series is not going to be shown in Costa Rica, but it found a market in Japan and in Europe somewhere- probably Britain. It's called "Travelling Stone" and my character's name is Kuma. If you live in Europe of Japan, look out for me!! [Razz]

Dancing is going well too. We're having a tap seminar this week, and the teachers say I have lots of ability. Belly dancing is harder, physically and emotionally. I still kind of cringe at the thought of me appearing "sexy"... But it's getting better!

I'm starting 11th grade on Monday, doing the IB (Senior 6). I've heard it's really tough, but I'm sort of excited. The program is very flexible; I got to choose most of my classes, and whether I wanted to take them at a Higher level or Standard level. Plus, it's the last two years of school!!

Changing the subject. I was talking to a friend, and this was a bit annoying... Someone asked him to be a stripper for a bachellorette's party (which is ok, if he's happy with it). He has a pretty high self image, but then something he said told me he's not that sure of himself. He said "I was thinking of getting a banana hammock for Saturday. What do you think? What better example of the male body can you think of other than ME?" I answered "hmmm....I can think of a few, but I'm not all that into the male form anyway". Being told he is not the most handsome man on earth really shook him: "ok, I'm being funny, you're just being bitchy". He usually kids around with this kind of thing, but then he said "I'll go now- that really hurt my feelings. I won't ever ask you for your opinion again. Goodbye". He's probably kidding, but still... I'm just mind boggled that he get so pissed off because I said that he's not the best looking man I've ever seen. Either way, I couldn't have given him a "right answer". I have a boyfriend. If I would have agreed, he would bug me with him (which is probably what he wanted). If I don't agree with him, he gets all pouty. I'm not really affected, just feeling an eye-rolling disbelief. If he really had such great self esteem, he wouldn't have been shaken by me saying that he's nothing special. This guy has some serious issues... oh well.

Off for now. My boyfriend's coming over and we're going to watch Little Miss Sunshine. Yep, it just got to the theatres here XD. Bye!

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nailo, your page didn't go anywhere:

http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=000399

Unless you meant another one?

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh gosh! I just didn't see it.... Oops... I'll add my entry to my other one, and ask the staff to delete this one. Thanks Lauren!

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iamfree
Activist
Member # 35227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iamfree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Nailo! I just wanted to say hello to a fellow Costa Rican resident. I believe it's just the two of us around here! I won't violate Scarleteen's rules by giving you my e-mail address or anything, but it would be cool to actually interact with you via this site. Anyway, paz y amor!
Posts: 149 | From: Costa Rica | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

¡¡Oh Dios!!

Mirá, no sé si seguís acá, ¡¡pero qué vacilón haber encontrado a otr@ tic@ en scarleteen!! Sipi, pues hace ratillo que no vengo a este sitio; antes venía todos los días, varias veces al día, pero después lo dejé abandonadillo. Vas a ver que acá todo el mundo es super tuanis, y dan respuestas rápidas y buenas. ¡Gracias por dejar el mensaje! Pura vida [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.