Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Leni's return :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leni's return :)
Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone

It's been a while since I was here. And after posting in a topic and being welcomed back by Miz Scarlet I thought about this topic.

I was quite active in the site around two years ago or so. And then sort of lost touch. Though I still read articles and stuff, I didn't post much. The last I probably discussed was my scoliosis, when I was really depressed about it.

After that, well, my life changed drastically in many ways, sometimes good, sometimes bad, but overall I can say I am pretty pleased with the way things are going now.

After the scoliosis event, which was during my last semester at university (Spring 2004), I graduated with much pain because of my back, but with high spirits. In April I got accepted into grad school in England, and after graduation I moved here to London.

Then I started dating a guy from home, who seemed to be very down to earth and everything I could ask for. Sadly enough, it ended up quite bad, he was a bully, and didn't like me for who I was, and to top it all, got angry when he realized my studies were more important to me than him.

Over the past year I did an MA in European Art, which ended when I handed in my dissertation this September past. My results come out in 21 days, so I am really excited about it And not only that, since the beginning of October I have started my PhD, which makes me the youngest PhD in the department (I turned 21 in October).

So that's what's happened with me, and I'm happy. I like a friend of mine very much, but he lives in Germany so we don't see each other often. But I am happy knowing that we are friends, and even if it comes to nothing romantic, I'll still have his friendship.

That's me in the past year an a half Happy to be who I am and the steps I've taken

Hope all of you are doing good too. Enjoy life, respect yourselves, and aim for your goals It's worth the wait and the work

Love,
Leni

------------------
dive into shine, even a deep darkness changes into shine, because i am believing the moment

Posts: 114 | From: El Salvador, but living in London :) | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey

Just thought I'd let you know that, well I'm a Master of Arts now!! Got my grades yesterday, and I passed with merit

I am very happy

Love,
Leni

------------------
Что может быть даже похожей на меня не отыскать

That maybe even one similar to me cannot be found
-Origa, "Hana no Chiru Toki"

Posts: 114 | From: El Salvador, but living in London :) | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.