Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Darkie's Corner (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Darkie's Corner
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. Seems I won't be going to Fresno after all. I get to someplace much better.

UW has a study abroad program. This year, the city of choice is London.

I cannot tell you how excited I am to go. A place I've long dreamt of, and now here I am. Ready to Go. Only 16 days, but hey! I get 10 credits for going!

A plus is that Phantom of the Opera and the Producers will be playing when I'm there. I am totally going to see at least one of them. Probably Phantom. Yeah. That sounds good.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday to me!

20 years old today. I am officially no longer a Teenager. Whoooo!

Nothing big. Mum and dad took me out to dinner sunday. I received a slightly used digital camera. This is my new baby. It was my dad's, but he upgraded and gave the old one to me. Yeah. Old. Ha. This thing is professional grade, and I already know how to use it. It's the digital version of my film Camera. Complete with a 28-135 lense!

It's a good year. And hopefully by the time 2005 is over, I'll be out on my own. Go me!

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Well, today sucked.

I got fired. For something I didn't do, coincidently. Ah well. Medical Records really wasn't for me, anyway.

Off to find a better job that makes me happy.

Still sucks, though.

To top it off, my cat got an absess right behind his ear. There goes another $300 for him. He's still woozy, and hates his cone with a passion. He's glaring at me. Just wait till he gets his antibiotics. Then we'll have fun!

/sarcasm

[This message has been edited by DarkChild717 (edited 02-16-2005).]

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

My cat's absess healed just fine. But he had my number...he'd start frothing at the mouth when he saw the syringe for his antibiotics. Then he'd shake his head. I'm unsure as to how much meds he actually got in his system.

Thank god that finals are nearly over. Gah. Yucky they's is.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Well. Life's going okay. I'm down to nearly 2 and 1/2 quarter's left in my long school career. I'm back to the point where I have no idea what I'll do. I'm so close to finishing my undergrad education.

I saw Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I enjoyed in thoroughly. I recommend it.

July is getting closer, which means my trip to Alaska is getting closer. My brother's getting married in a tiny little town. Yup. Life is going good.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 10 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life is showing me how cruel she can be.

My trip to London has been cancelled. There weren't enough students signed up.

I was all for another trip...Until my car decided it was time for the Tranny to start giving me fits. Hopefully, it'll last long enough for me to sell it and get a new car. On the plus side, the quarter is over in a week and half. This quarter has been a blessing.

And I got my scholarship renewed! I had to beg for it...I graduate in December, and the rules stated I must be enrolled for the full academic year. But I got it! Whoohooo!

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

You know, it's kind of funny...Lately, I've noticed all sorts of things on the message boards I frequent. While the subjects are vastly different, the tone of discourse is the same.

One board is experiencing the annual flux of students off of school, and the tone has been terrible. People are picky, cranky, and dogging on every little thing. We've had some members who started out SPAMers, but they've calmed down. Now, we've got people cranky about leet and proper English, and whether or not it's okay to use acronyms (WTF, LMAO) if the contain a possible swear word. Also, one member has been extremely vocal about using things like, "Oh My God!"

I see where he's coming from, but they simply aren't used by any of the main members. The ones who use these things are the new members that don't know any better.

There have been at least 4 threads started to complain and give grammar, spelling, and writing lessons. It's been terrible.

And here, at scarleteen, I've also noticed the influx of members. It seems lately the mods have done their fair share of linking to guidelinds and "New to Scarleteen" as well as a couple members in particular writing offensive and incorrect things. These people, too, are new, and have not yet learned the tone of scarleteen.

At least here, no one has started threads complaining about it, or being cranky. Thanks!

It's just interesting to me how this happens in cycles. I was amazed at the amount of posts over Memorial Day weekend. But I also know that like all cycles, it will subside, new members will learn the tone and ways of individual forums, and all will pass until next June when it begins again.

So what's my point? I have no idea. But I do want to pat our Mods and Admin's on the back for their phenomenal job, especially Miz S with her book in the works. So consider this a pat on the back for a job well done...Thanks, guys. We owe ya one.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

My partner and I made a fantastic discovery today.

We found a place that actually sells Beyond Seven condoms. We both like those and trust those, but haven't been able to find them for a couple years.

I'm ecstatic.

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome. Dare I ask where you made such a fabulous find?

I'm rather partial to the Kimono Microthins and various kinds of Durex, but because I snagged several hundred condoms from my old office, all I have are Lifestyles. They work just fine.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

We've used Lifestyles, but Beyond Seven actually scored higher on the consumer ratings, if I remember correctly. We used the Lifestyles because that was all we could find.

I actually found them in an Albertsons in a military base town. They're the light lubricated kind, WITHOUT spermicide. $6.99 for twelve.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Double post. My PC was being wonky.

[This message has been edited by DarkChild717 (edited 06-27-2005).]

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Well, here we are on this lovely day in August.

I spent the last week in Anchorage and Whittier, Alaska. My brother got married. No, we have no family in Alaska. No, I don't know why they chose Whittier, of all places.

Besides seeing jumping salmon, otters, sea lions, moose, dall sheep, and bald eagles, I got to see Surpise Glacier calf 3 times! That's when chunks fall off into the water. Amazing.

Then I got a nasty cold of some sort, and had to fly home sick. My ear still hurts from the descent. So, that's my life right now. Yuck.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

So turns out it's not just a cold I have. It's an ear infection. Heh. My luck. I was probably born with one.

So, fluids, nyquil to sleep, and my Z-pack. I'm a happy camper.

Wheeee!

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Ah, one quarter behind, and one quarter to go. I even have a job! Though, it doesn't start until school starts. But I can wait. I'll be a writing consultant at my uni.

Man, next quarter's book list reads like "Who's Who In 2000 Years of Philisophical Thinking!" Euripedes, Homer, Plato, Foucault, Sophocles, Freud, Descartes, Lock, St. Augustine....Oi. That's just a smattering. 16 books for 2 classes, and my 3rd class hasn't posted the texts yet.

On the plus side, Eldest comes out on Tuesday. I'm excited. I've been looking forward to this book for ages.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Yep. Life goes on. Got decent grades, though not enough to make the Dean's List this quarter.

On Thursday, I've got my yearly checkup. It's going to be particularly interesting, as I don't really want to be on hormonal birth control anymore. It's been five years. I don't know what my cycle actually is anymore. So, I'll talk with here and see what it would take, and what she reccomends.

And I am NOT looking forward to having my blood drawn. I don't do well, and it takes about half an hour for me to not feel dizzy afterwards. I've learned to bring my own juice for it.

Yeah...so. That's about it.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Yep. Life goes on. Got decent grades, though not enough to make the Dean's List this quarter.

On Thursday, I've got my yearly checkup. It's going to be particularly interesting, as I don't really want to be on hormonal birth control anymore. It's been five years. I don't know what my cycle actually is anymore. So, I'll talk with here and see what it would take, and what she reccomends.

And I am NOT looking forward to having my blood drawn. I don't do well, and it takes about half an hour for me to not feel dizzy afterwards. I've learned to bring my own juice for it.

Yeah...so. That's about it.

LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came off the pill for the same reason ... I felt like i didn't really know my body anymore and wanted to know what a real period felt like.

After requiring EC twice in 6 months, i'm back on it

As for the blood draws ... Juice is an excellent idea. Maybe some animal crackers or cookies too And defineatly don't overdo it ... If you have to sit down for a few (or 30 lol) mins, do it. You'll be the only one paying the price if you go down on your butt for not listening to your body!

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

No kidding. But, my boyfriend gets to feel important, as it's his yearly duty to drive me to the doctor so I can have my blood drawn. Seeing as I can't trust myself to drive.
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Okay. Done for another year. I really like this doctor, and I hope she stays here for a long time. It's always comforting as patient to hear, "This goes so much easier when you know the person."

So, at the end of this cycle, off hormones I go. She recommended I try the Today Sponge, so I've got two boxes on their way from a pharmacy in Canada. I got there through the Today Sponge's website. My doctor was really quite pleased with this, and recommended it highly. So we'll see how it goes. In addition, any other method I try will always be backed up by a condom.

This visit was different. They took a urine sample for the first time. I've never had to give a sample in the last 5 years of having my checkups. They're testing for UTI's, apparently. According to the nurse, not everyone knows they have one, so they do this regularly now. Go figure.

And that blasted blood draw is on Tuesday. I am not looking forward to it.

ummm?
Neophyte
Member # 23547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ummm?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Firstly, i'd like to admit that i havn't read most of ur thread...i read the first page and came straight to the end of page 4...it's 10 to 5 in the mornin here so please forgive me
While i'm in a replying kinda mood (3 posts tonighht, woo, u know, compared to mu total) i just 4t i'd say it's pretty funky the way u've got a blog goin on...and for 2 years?? Tres bon. Err...hope ur ok, hope everythin turns out fine and...bye!

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Yeah. Okay. I had a TERRIBLE day yesterday.

Due to bad communication on many parts, I ended up driving an hour and a half in the worst traffic I've ever seen with only 5 hours of sleep. Not a good combo. I made a booboo. Similar to Feb 2003, If you want. It's on page one. Though, not nearly as bad, I think.

Though, I did get compensated for gas.

And I did get to see my wittle neffy-poo, my best bud's kid. He's nearly 2! And now I'm "auntie". Nothing pulls at your heartstrings more than a healthy, happy kid running towards you because you left the room to get him some toys.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Well.

I had my wisdom teeth removed. And after hearing all the horror stories, and freaking out, I'm 4 days post-surgery and my top sockets are essentially already healed. That is, the stitches came out, and I can brush again. Whoooopppeeee!

I am growing weary of this diet, though. I'm getting better at balancing it. Today for breakfast was applesause and half of one of those yogurt smoothie things. Lunch was eggs, apple sausce, mashed potatoes and chocolate cake. But this cake is so unbelievably rich, that it melts in your mouth.

School starts Wednesday. I start my job Thursday. I've to two dentist appointments on Tuesday, and today, I get new shoes!

And Miz S--that peppermint oil helped loads. Especially after the salt water gurgles, as peppermint oil tasts much better than salty water.

PERVasive
Activist
Member # 25065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PERVasive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, congratulations on such a quick recovery from your wisdom teeth removal! I got mine removed a two years ago, and I was out of commission for a week and a half: I had two seperate operations because they couldn't use enough novacaine to do it all in one, they had to saw two of the teeth into sectionsd to get them out - at least they gave me laughing gas - and then I was on opiate painkillers for that week and a half. You're quite lucky!

------------------
- PERVasive

"Don't let your schooling get in the way of your education." - Mark Twain

Posts: 64 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Aw, thanks!

They periodically let me know they're still healing. I've still got holes on the bottom, but I've also got a nifty syringe to flush them with, so I can eat solid foods again.

Let me tell you. A hamburger never tasted so good.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Well. First period without BC.

It's gone alright. I leaked in the middle of the night, but that was a pad failure. It's been a bit heavier, but it's really ended, three days into it.

So, there we go. Hopefully, it will be regular next month, too.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Heh. Regular this month, too. Whoopee.

I ordered my class ring today. I suppose this means I acutally have to come to grips with the fact that I'm nearly done. I've got til December 12...Wow. I'll have to think about that some more.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

I went to my first basketball game. It was a blast!

It was me, my bud, her husband and her baby. Man. That little boy is such a ham! He loves basketball, too. His uncle (who works for the team) took him down to the locker room, and he got to meet Squatch, the mascot. He got an autograph, too!

I'd go again. Especially since we get comp tickets through my bud's brother. It's a nice little perk.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

It occured to me I never regaled you all with the tale of my blood draw... So I'll do it now.

I warned the nurse I had issues. I had my apple juice and my animal crackers. She started taking my blood, and out I went. I remember her calling frantically for a doctor (who was rather cute, too. ). They then wheeled me in a wheel chair through the waiting room to an exam room to finish drawing my blood, because I had passed out before the finished. I warned them!

So. Yeah. I have one week left of my education. One week and two papers. Am I scared? I don't know. I've got a job that I love, with a raise coming next quarter. I've decided to move out in the next three months, in with my boyfriend of four years.

But at the same time, I've completed 15 years of education. I'm 20 with a Bachelor's degree. There are so many possiblities, and I'm not sure where I want to go. It's not a specialized degree, but it's enough of a base.

On the other hand, I had a blast with my senior thesis. The imagery of menstruation for the last century. Oh yes. That was sooo much fun!

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Wow. Here I am.

I have now completed my Bachelor's degree. I turned in my last final yesterday, and in 20 minutes I'll be done with work for the quarter.

I have no idea where to go from here. I have dreaded this day. I've been a student for 2/3 of my life, and now I need to find something to support myself. As much as I love it, tutoring won't pay all the bills.

I don't know what I'm feeling.

I'll figure it out after Christmas. At the very least, I HAVE a job, so I'm in a better position now than I was when I graduated high school two years ago.

Now I've got to start paying off that loan. I don't want to wait until I'm on social security...

I'll have a graduation party in June. When I walk. I've been threatened with bodily harm (just kidding!) by my family, of which I am the first to graduate from a four-year institution.

In other news, I can actually fit into this awesome dress that I found for $50. It was a weeeeee bit too small in the chest, but I recently changed my diet to cut out gluten and chemicals, so consequently have been eating slightly better foods, and have re-started my weight loss. Viva good food and exercise! Mmmmm....

Though I haven't given up chocolate. I can't do it. Thank God for Ghiradelli, who makes clean, pure chocolate. Yum.

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay for the degree! That must be an awesome feeling. Congratulations!
Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Happy New Year, all!

Christmas was good to me. I have all sorts of fun things for when I move out.

Then...tragedy. Or rather, stupid punk kids who know nothing about anything. Grrrr.

All the cars on my small street were broken into on Tuesday. Obviously, whoever did were idiots. I can break into a car and not cause damage with simple wire, but apparently a smash-and-grab job is more fun. Though, that actually takes effort.

Point being, they destroyed my lock, and the body shop says $831 to fix it. They tried prying the door handle off before smashing my lock. My car isn't even worth the money. Not with the existing body damage and transmission problems.

And all they took was my cellphone charger. That's it. $30 charger for $831 worth of damage. <explanatives....>

They did this to my car, my parents cars, and my neighbors cars. Gah.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 10 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's happened.

I've turned 21.

Better yet, I turned 21 and went to Las Vegas.

I flew in on Wednesday (My actual B-Day). We checked into the Bellagio. From there we spent time at New York New York and picked up tickets for the evening's entertainment from Excalibur. The, uh, evening entertainment was a blast. First time I've ever seen a strip show, and Thunder from Downunder is a good one to see. I was pulled on stage...

Next day was a trip to Kohl's in Henderson, and I got an adorable outfit. Dinner was at the Hard Rock Cafe, where the WHOLE resturant participated in a rousing rendition of YMCA. That night, we stayed at THEhotel, near Mandalay Bay. We also went to Luxor for a bit. That was such a nice hotel! It was like staying in a modern art piece. I also got to go to the Coca Cola store, and we wandered through the MGM Grand.

The last night, Friday, we stayed at the Stratosphere. During the day, we went to the Mirage to see the white tigers, and then to Treasure Island. We saw Cirque du Soliel's Mystere--that was amazing. Simply amazing. We ate dinner at the Top of the World resturant, and that was the most expensive dinner I've ever had. Well worth it, though.

Needless to day, I had an awesome birthday. Before I left, my boyfriend and I spent the evening together, and it was very lovely.

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy birthday! Glad you had such an awesome time in Vegas - I'm so jealous you got to see Cirque du Soleil...I've seen them on TV and they are amazing, so I imagine it would be even cooler to see them live. Sounds like you had a great time!
Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

I am so totally stoked.

I'm going to Italy this summer. I'm finally making it to Europe.

Best of all?

I don't have to pay airfare or lodgeing! I'm helping represent my University, and they're footing the bill.

I'll be perfoming at the Arezzo Festival in Tuscany. WEEEEEE!!!!

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Well, I've got my cap and gown, ordered my announcements, and commencement is 2 months away.

I'm learning some rudimentry Italian, so I'm not a stupid tourist when I get to Italy. I realize I'm a combo of auditory and visual when it comes to learning. It would help if I could see these things written.

I'm still looking for another job.

I'm going to see Phantom of the Opera in Vancouver in August, so I'm really excited about that.

All in all, things are going just dandy!

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.