Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Darkie's Corner (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Darkie's Corner
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mind it? Not at all.

In fact, I miss it terribly. When I'd get home from school, I'd have these furballs set on fast mode, tails whipping, run around my feet for attention.

Yeah, I miss it. But Shads is spayed and her son, Buugs, well. It's a bit hard to have a litter of kittns with no uterus.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mateao Louis was born around 5 or so this morning, Tuesday, September 30. He is 8 pounds, 1 ounce. He is 20 1/2 inches long. Mum and son are doing fine, but Daddy had classes to attend.

And I'm still unemployed.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Oh.

I have had a really eventful last week or so.

October 4th I was crowned Miss Washington Job's Daughter. Okay, that was fun. I worked really hard for it.

Yeah. In the last week, I've done about 5 million (50 or so) thank you cards. I'm not a thank you card person.

I've done offical things and not so official things.

My good buddy's baby was born.

And now, things are getting odd with my mum and I. She is my mother, but she is also my Bethel Guardian and a member of my committee for MWJD.

Throw into that mix that I am trying to assert my identity as an adult, and you've got a family suflee.

------------------
"Come my sisters and brothers,
and listen to my tale,
For I have walked the corridors of heaven,
and finally seen the stars."

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DarkChild717:
October 4th I was crowned Miss Washington Job's Daughter.

Hey, congratulations! The only thing I was ever crowned was Mister Detention in high school. And somehow that doesn't seem to have the same prestige...

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PHOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Of course it does, BruinDan! Thanks!

Yeah. I started the patch on Sunday. My skin is more sensitive to adhesives than I thought.

So, come next Sunday, I'll restart my pill pack. And yes, I did discuss this with my doctor. Or rather, her nurse called on her behalf.

I'm upset. Lion King on Broadway won't even be coming to the Northwest on their US tour. I saw it in Chicago, but I want to see it again. Anyhoo. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

------------------
and listen to my tale,

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Darkie has a job interview on Monday!

WHOOO HOO!

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

...and Darkie got the job!

WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am contracted by TRC Staffing out to MDA.

------------------
and listen to my tale,

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Heh. Well, recruiting volunteers isn't my thing. At all. I couldn't make quota's, so I'm back to square one.

Strangely enough, being fired doesn't break my heart. Oh well.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

It's been 5 and a half weeks since my SO left for boot camp. I still have 3 weeks until he returns.

During the day, I keep myself busy enough to the point I don't realize he's across the country. It's as if he's still just at work.

But at night I remember he's gone. That I haven't spoken to him, or heard from him in over a month. Then I get a bit sad. At least when he's stationed on the penninsula, he'll be able to come home on the weekends.

I miss him, and I love him. I want him home with me. But I can't have that. Not for another 3 weeks or so. December 7. A fitting day to return from boot camp, don't you think?

In other news, I've begun typing up some of my grandmother's recipes. Since I can't afford lavish gifts, it'll be jams and cookbooks with a bit of candy this year. Plus a few extras for my parents and my "nephew". He's almost 7 weeks old now. He's a cutie. He and my dad get a long just great. Both burp and fart constantly.

[This message has been edited by DarkChild717 (edited 11-21-2003).]

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

I sat down with my mum to watch a bit of Law and Order, and instead of being calmed by a bit of drama, I ended up livid. It was a case where a grandmother flew in an egyptian doctor to perform an infibulation on an 11 year old.

I get riled up about a lot of things, but this one is right up there with women's rights. Gah. I couldn't stand it. I really can't justify culturally taking a blunt object and removing the labia, clitoris, and sewing it all up to a tiny hole to urinate and mensurate through. And it's illegal and still happening.

On the plus side, I'm going to a workshop at my counties Sexual Assult Resource Center for a workshop. It should be fun. I get to learn all the stuff so I can turn around and teach it. Whoooo hooo. Empowerment, defence, and sex and dating. I can dig it.

------------------
No survivors? Then where do the stories come from, I wonder?

Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, but the point of that show was to upset you, I'd guess, since that way it can serve to educate and spur people to action, rather than just be entertainment.

I think I prefer my year-old Coronation Street tapes, though, even if they have to be mailed to me.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

. . .Fearing not that I'd become my enemy
In the instant that I preach

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Heh. 13 years passes so quickly. My best bud's little sister turned 16. She has her license. She's gorgeous. But she's still my little brat.

I took her to a movie for her b-day, although a little belated. We went and saw Return of the King, the third LOTR movie. I loved it. Especailly since ROTK was the only book I could make it through. But I digress.

Good movie. The shots of the armies are very, very impressive. Army of 6000 on horseback? No problem. CG to the rescue!

I bought tickets 4 hours in advance. They sold out that showing. We showed up an hour early, and were at the end of a large line. Strangely enough, there was barely a line at the concessions stand. 3 and a half hours. Plus a few really nice advertisements for movies. I'm looking forward to Big Fish and Troy.

------------------

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Well, life has happened.

My sig. other called me up, out of the blue and asked me on a date. I was touched. Cause, see, I usually instigate the dates. We went to go see Chasing Liberty, but we ended up missing the first 10 minutes. So we saw Big Fish instead. I really enjoyed that movie. It was a lot of fun.

My parent's have been remodeling. The front room was originally the entertaining area for the former owner, the gay son of golf tycoon of sorts. The guy died a long time ago. He was an interesting character. We found all sorts of stuff in the back yard. It *was* done in black and red, in a medditeranian style. We took out the hanging fireplace, tore up the floor, put in a solar tube and laid hardwood floors. It's quite lovely. Best of all, my parents kept the bar. They're going to eventually fix it so that instead of dispersing 15 year old beer, the keg will be Coca Cola.

As a child I'd pretend to be a bartender. Loads of fun. Great when we acutally entertained...

Anyway. Back to the floors. My father forgot the MOST IMPORTANT THING when working with a table saw: When you turn it off, the blade DOES NOT stop spinning. He turned the pad of his thumb into hamburger. He also continued to whack that hand when laying all the floors.

------------------

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Whoo hoo! I'm gonna have the BEST birthday ever!

My parents are only getting me two things:

A ticket to Chicago on Broadway (MF, 2 row)

A new matress.

I've slept on the same matress since I got my first "Big Girl" bed when I was 6 or 7. I'll be turning 19.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Chicago was AMAZING. Wonderful. I'd go again in a heartbeat. Much better than the movie. Obviously.

I had an adventure trying to find my way out of the Convetion Center parking lot. I met nice people along the way to help me out.

Programs are more expensive here than in Chigago, Illinois. I paid $15 for a program and $25 for a cd. But it was worth all of it.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Happy Birthday to me.

Happy Birthday to me.

Happy Birthday dear meeeeeee.

Happy Birthday to me.

19 candles, baby yeah.

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
¡Feliz cumpleaños! now it's time to spank you...

------------------
"Young lady, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" Homer Simpson

Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Thanks!

Ya know, that reminds me. I was playing Apples to Apples with some friends and I got the green card Sensual.

My red cards to pick from were Whips, Leather and Friction. Hard choice, I tell you.

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Darkchild, you mentioned a long time ago that your boyfriend joined the Coast Guard. How's that working out. Is he far away? I'm trying to ask around to as many ppl as I can about what it's like for their partners to go away on military service, and what it's like when they come back.

------------------
"Young lady, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" Homer Simpson

Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

He actually is back home. He has been since December.

He was taking his swim test and hit his head REALLY hard. He temporarily lost sight in one eye. Sight is back. He had pre existing nerve damage that made it a bit worse than it should have been.

He recieved an honorale discharge. But he still got his Seaman's License or something of that nature, and now works at a Dock installing diesal engine's into tall ships.

He was still gone for about 10 weeks, because he picked up a temporary job on the east coast. I was estatic when he came back. I did miss him quite a bit.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Whoo hoo. I've actually got a day off of some sorts. It's nice to be able to sit down and play with my lego. Really, it's quite nice.

Plus, I've got some bricks on order from eBay, so I'm excited.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

This is funny. You should all check it out.
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

I am really excited. Finally, after months of being miserable, I'm going back to school. Ha to all those who said I wouldn't do it!

I was accepted to the University of Washington as a junior. I start Monday. I'm doing Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences, majoring in Culture, Literature and the Arts and minoring in Education. Whoo hoo!

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

School is going well. I start out with war and then I talk about racism. Then I go home and read a mindless novel. Or play with my LEGO. Whichever. It's wonderful to be back in school.

Didn't go today, though. My dog, Suzie, was very sick. She had liver damage, and dropped 20lbs in 6 months. Today, we put her down. It was the first time I've ever been present for the death of one of my animals. I miss her. She was only with us for 2 years, but we loved her. And I told her so.

So hard...so sad.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Well. Life has been going quite well. I overslept today (Do'h!) and missed the guest speaker in my Philosophy class.

I'm supposed to finish my 8 page paper on Japanese History and Mythology (due tomorrow), but I just needed to relax my brain. It's tired. The quarter needs to end.

On the plus side, it's a little over a week until the new Harry Potter comes out. Whoo hoo!

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Well, I did well in my classes. Life is good. I've been insanely busy. While it's been nice, it's been a bit stressful.

I cried. It felt so good. It was a lot of things, not one thing. But it felt so good just to cry.

4th of July is coming. I'm in a Parade, with my Dad's truck as the "float". It's a far cry from the float I'm used to, but it's wonderful just the same.

Now this is entirely rambling. I think I'll come back when I'm awake...

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Hm. Life has been treating me well. Outside stressors in the life of my partner have alleviated, and he is now much more pleasant to be around. Plus, he's paying more physical attention to me. We talk nearly every day, but due to busy schedules on both our parts, we only see each other once a week at best. We will be seeing the Bourne Supremacy on Friday--we saw the first one together, and loved it.

Remember in October I got myself a fancy crown? Well, in less than 2 weeks I leave to compete for another, bigger, fancier crown--Miss International. Meaning I'll have to travel the US, Canada, Brazil, Australia, and maybe the Philippines. Oh darn. I just need to pick up a few things to make life bearable in Wyoming in August. Oi. The heat makes me terrible cranky. Especially since I spent last week in Spokane. It was very hot and dry.

Mum and Dad are installing the new kitchen cabinets. Mum is thrilled, but we have no kitchen right now, and the house is a bit messy. She likes things tidy, and is a bit dishevled by it all.

On the Kid's side of me, The Lego Company has decided to open a new store in my Area. As of right now, the closest ones are around 1500 miles away. This one is about 20 minutes from my house, down the freeway. I am very excited.

My mom and I started weight watchers as a means to help us eat smarter. It's helping. It's been a long time since I've been able to say I weigh 210 lbs. I've lost 10lbs in about 3 weeks--the first week I lost more, and I'm losing a steady 2 lbs a week. Mum is also taking advantage of a free membership to Curves. We're hoping that Dad will catch on. He binges, and he can't stop himself. A couple weeks ago he had 3 minor strokes and left work and spent the day in the hospital. Yet, he still eats all the terribly bad things. They're nice treats in moderation, but they're dangerous in the quantities that he likes to enjoy them. We're working on him.

*edit*
For Christmas, my parents bought me a ticket to the Lion King on Broadway--front row, Main Floor center. I am thrilled.

[This message has been edited by DarkChild717 (edited 07-20-2004).]

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Alright. Housesitting complete until October. It's a nice way to make some extra cash on the side. I enjoy it. Now for a real job...

I need to save me some money. Next year's trip is to Fresno, California. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I've heard some terrible things about Fresno. Plus, it's so far away from the only real reason to go to California in the first place: Legoland.

On the plus side, Somehow I managed to take the right classes so my textbooks are about $50 this quarter. I average about 200 a quarter. It may up to about $60, with the few extra supplies I'll be needing.

Class starts September 29. Go UWB.

chico04
Neophyte
Member # 19622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chico04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey what's up. I was born and raised in Fresno. It's not the best place to be in Cali but it's not horrible. If you like hot weather then you'll like it because it's always hot there. Just stay out of the bad parts of it, like downtown because it's really shady there. Other than that you won't suffer or anything, if you have any questions about it let me know because like i said i was there for 18 yrs.

------------------
Make love. Not war

Posts: 2 | From: Ca | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Well, Classes started. I'm going to enjoy them. History of Dance in Europe and America, Modern European Intellectual History, and Water and Sustainability. The professors are great. Wonderful speakers.

And I've got a job interview. Whoo!

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Well, I interviewed. They decided to go with another applicant. So much for the working world.

I empowered myself. I did something wholly frightening and awesomely fun at the same time.

I took myself on a trip. All by me lonesome. I went to Victoria, BC and visited the many Museums and the castle. Their museum had the Eternal Egypt exhibit from London. The IMAX presentation was amazing. I shopped. I bought mum 222's for her surgery next week (collarbone and bone spure removal, fix that dang rotator cusp in the shoulder). I had fun. All by myself. My SO was a bit upset that I was going without him. I invited him, but he didn't get off his butt and get time off.

Apparently a woman traveling alone is a threat to national security. I got some strange looks from the customs officers when I said that yes, I'm alone, no, I'm not meeting anyone, yes, I'm going to museums. Each country inspected my trunk. The customs agent in the US searched my bag and did a sweep of my car. Is a female student going alone to a museum really dangerous?

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Well...what's new...I did terrible on my midterm. Yuck.

Mum had surgery, and dad had a 5mm kidney stone.

I got a job. FINALLY.

I'll be seing a dance performance on Wednesday. Um...Life is going. Not good, not bad. But going.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

My temporary job will be turning into full time employment with benefits come January 1st. Go me!

Now I can start saving and move out by next December....

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

It's fascinating to me, my relationship with this website. I began coming here my seventh grade year. That was 1997. I quickly read through all the articles on the site multiple times, and checked back religiously for new updates. So, Heather, in essence, you've fueled my upbringing and educated and steered me through adolescence. You should be proud of yourself.

I can't tell you how excited I was when the forums were put up. If I remember correctly, I was one of the first hundred or so to register, though it took me a while to post. Another first--my first online forum and community. Gah. June of 2000. Barely 15, I was. How the time flies.

I remember the scandals, the ups and downs, and recall with fondness the Mod's who have been here since the beginning, as well as the other members. You guys all rock. No, seriously. You do. You've all made a difference in who I am, and how riled up I get when girls talk about doing silly things with out considering the consequences.

Okay. I'm done with the sentimental. So here it is. January. I'm employed full time. I'm in school full time. I'm done with my youth organization, seeing as I only have time for school and work. I am loving my classes and my classmates. My co-workers have a long history of gossip and backstabbing. Coincidently, some of them worked with my mother when she stared in the Medical Biz 30 years ago. How's that for a family legacy? She remember's little quirks about the doctors in my office. It's quite entertaining.

Point being, I'm making enough that with a little time, a little saving, I'll be able to move out on my own within the next six months. I'm exstatic. I'm starting to pick up little things here and there. Mom and dad are helping, too--Seeing as I have 15 days til my 20th birthday, they suprised me by purchasing that bed frame I'd been eyeing from Ikea. For the first time since I was a little girl, I have a big girl bed. A (relativly) new matress (last year's b-day gift), and my very own bed frame. I splurged and bought a bed set go put on it. Now I've got a coordinated big girl bed!

It's also time to start building credit. I've also had to take out a student loan. It's processing right now, but if I get it, it means a new laptop for classes and a Study Abroad to London. Hot-diggity. London. The London Museum, the Round Theater, Buckingham Palace...and the Tower of London and a some time with Madam Tousseaud. Maybe a little excursion to Paris. Or Oslo. Or Munchen. Oh, the possibilities...

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Hm. Seeing as this was a double post, and I totally forgot to include the reason I decided to post, I'll do that now!

(It's not 11pm on a Sunday. I promise. )

I have a book review due Tuesday, and I asked my teacher for a book that she thought I'd enjoy. I took it after promising not to take her class next quarter, since it's the text book. But I love the book--I may have to take the class.

It's an ethnography by Patricia Hersh. "A Tribe Apart: A Journey Into the Heart of American Adolescence."

Yeah. It's almost frightening how much I see bits and pieces of my life and story interwoven with the 8 teens from this book. I highly recommend it.

[This message has been edited by DarkChild717 (edited 01-17-2005).]

[This message has been edited by DarkChild717 (edited 01-17-2005).]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.