Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Darkie's Corner (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Darkie's Corner
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy!

I went a searching for my old topic, but I couldn't find it. It was gone! So, since I've got things I'm proud of and I want to tell ya'll about, I'll just redo it. It's been at least a year.

So, life is good. I'm taking this psych class. It's called Human Sexuality. It's an awesome class. We had a guest speaker from Planned Parenthood. I felt special, because I knew all the answers to his questions...I wonder why?

It's rather facinating. Some of the things my teacher says contradict everything I've learned up to this point. I am also amazed at the amount of sexual misinformation in my class room. One particular lady was dead set on useing two condoms for protection. One was surprised you weren't supposed to.

Eh.

On a happier note, I'm going to Chicago this summer. What are some fun things there? I'll either be staying in the Hyatt Regency near O'Hare, or a very close Embassy Suites. I'm already going to Six Flags, The Hardrock Cafe, and I think it's the Brookfield Zoo. I heard there was an art and science museum somewhere around there. Any truth to that?

------------------
Where did your Christ come from?! From God and a Woman! Man had nothing to do with him!
--Sojourner Truth

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have visited the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry. It is excellent! I can't speak for the city's many art museums but they are wold renowned. Staying out by O'Hare airport will put you a long way from the downtown museums.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Bobo.

I was so scared today! I got into my first car accident!

It was only a little bump. This guy isn't to credible either, because he stopped at a green light.

Scared me, none the less. I cried.

I made it almost 2 years with no tickets or accidents. Now I've got to start counting again.

My mum ran into a fence when she got her first car. My dad is always in accidents. So, I may be okay.

------------------
Where did your Christ come from?! From God and a Woman! Man had nothing to do with him!
--Sojourner Truth

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

So my little bump?

That !@#$%& is claiming $1500 worth of damage and personal injury for his passenger and himself.

My car is fine. If I hit him that hard, my car would be injured too.

He made fun of me for being under 21. That's why he's doing this!!!!!

Okay, I feel a bit better. Not really.

Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Americans are litiginous. That's what you cn expect these days.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What were the specifics of the accident? I get that you hit him, but how did it take place?

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PBOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

We were stoped at a stoplight. I thought he was going, but he wasn't. I hit the gas, and bumped his bumper.

Apparently, they backed into some rockery to damage the car. That's what the guy at the insurance agency said. The woman handling their end of the claim doesn't believe them, either.

The scratch on my car doesn't match up with what they brought in.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

So class starts again tomorrow. I've been on spring break this last week.

I am frightened. For everything. This is my last quarter in school. I graduate high school on June 12 and college on June 13. And then there's the whole Senior Project thing.

Last quarter I didn't do so hot. It's not my worst quarter, but it's not one I am proud of. There's a lot of pressure that I have put on myself, mainly because I am finally realizing my dream of graduating college ahead of schedule.

My best friend is pregnant, to top it off. And she flat out said I was no longer her best friend--the father of her child is. I have known her since she was 4. This was a crushing blow. She's also in that stage where EVERYTHING is about her. And it's horrible to see her be so selfish.

Another friend had her 18th birthday party on Friday. The pregnant one had the audacity to ask if the father could come with her to dinner and bowling. We aren't very close with the father. The birthday girl was not happy. It's a whole big drama, but that's the situation in a nutshell.

So, basically, I feel as if I've lost my best friend. I can't tell her, because she'll shift all the blame or what have you off of her and back on to me or someone else.

It seems as if all I have left is the birthday girl and my significant other. Both of which are busy.

My SO is losing his unemployment on April 10th. He is being charged an $800 fine for something the former owners of his house did.

Okay. I feel better having written all that down.

On the plus side, I'll be done done DONE with school June 13. I can take time and work, raise money, and apply to WWU.

I'm listening to my new cd. It's the Best of Jan and Dean. It's currently "Dead Man's Curve." Cue Chorus.

I finished one of my art projects. I still have a color theory one to do. And three papers. I should probably do them. But that'd be to easy. Right?

My room still isn't clean. But I can walk again. Oh well.

I need to curl up in a little ball. With a good book. Maybe "My Side of the Mountain."
And a big glass of water. Yeah.

------------------
--Sojourner Truth

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Yeah. It's amazing how quickly life can pass you by. My practice presentation for my Senior Project is May 8. I pick up my graduation packet tomorrow for EdCC.

I think at this point I want to go back to being a child in the middle of summer...when you don't have to worry about getting a job or paying for college or worrying where in the heck you're going to live and convincing your parents that when you do move out, it will all be alright.

To top it off, I haven't talked to my pregnant friend in about two weeks. I can't stand being around her--she is so insanely selfish at this point. And I honestly don't think she cares. I honestly feel like she's thrown our 13 year friendship away for some peruvian guy who got her pregnant.

Oh well. I can't do anything about it.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

So, life has gotten better. Me and my buddy are friends again. She apologized for being a snot, and we went to lunch.

I passed my Senior Project. I am graduating from High School June 12, and College June 13. I am very excited about this. I am so ready for a break. Although, the University of Washington Bothell is looking quite nice...it's close, and tuition isn't outrageous. It's about $1500 a quarter, which really isn't too bad. It's about $1000 more for the graduate programs.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Man.

So, last friday my SO bought me a diamond ring. It's goreous, but a little too small. But it's the thought that counts, right?

I graduate high school tomorrow. I am scared, apprehensive, excited, frightened, wondering, and any other emotion that you can probably associate to it is running through me right now.

sublime_15
Activist
Member # 12538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sublime_15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who/What is an SO??
Posts: 280 | From: nowhere | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sublime_15:
Who/What is an SO??

Significant Other.

Term used interchangeably with boyfriend/girlfriend/lover/mate/friend-with-benefits, etc etc etc.

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," FHOM

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

In other words, we prefer significant other or partner as opposed to "S/he's my boy/girlfriend."

I don't really care, but that's his preference.

So, I's is gradumated. I may have graduated college, but that doesn't mean I ALWAYS have to use proper English. It's a lovely feeling, knowing that for now, I am done with school. September will be just another month. Whoohoo!

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Ah. So, I spent the last 4 days in Ellensburg, for a conference. Central is a gorgeous campus, but the whole Ellensburg thing is a whole turn off. It is the ONLY place I have seen religious graffiti.

Anyway, my group and I did well in all of our competitions. I got a few medals and a trophy. I'm happy.

frozendreams
Activist
Member # 7638

Icon 5 posted      Profile for frozendreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what happened with the guy and the car accident?

------------------
formerly unhappykoger

Posts: 118 | From: dayton ohio usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Oh dear.

The insurance company thinks he's full of crap, quite frankly. They paid him about $300 for the damage *they* inflicted, and now the other party is suing the insurance company for more money.

Thus far, nothing has affected my insurance. It hasn't risen or anything.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

So, I'm flying to Chicago in 17 days. I'm excited. Our flight leaves home at 11:15. We get to Midway far to early in the morning.

I'm really looking forward to it. I get to go to the lego store and buy lots and lots of Legos. You can never have too many legos, as far as I am concerned.

For 13 people staying at the Embassy Suites for 8 days, it's less than $250 per person. That's for the entire duration. And our plane tickets were only $176 including tax. As the economy got worse, one of our adults kept negotiationg with the airlines. They didn't want to lose our business, so they gave us the the cheapest they could.

Wednesday the 30th, we get to go see the Lion King on Broadway. We have a hearing impared girl traveling with us, and because of that we have 4th row from the front tickets. I get to sit with her and her mother. Now that's really excited.

We're doing the Hard Rock and the Navy Pier and lots of shopping. And Six Flags. Oh, the joy.

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds like a lot of fun, DarkChild. Why are you going to Chicago?
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Job's Daughters International.

My youth group type thingy. A masonic youth group.

It's our international conference with girls from the US, Canada, Brazil, Phillipines and Australia. Last year was in Queensland, and that was fun.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Darkie's going to Chicago!

And I leave in 15 minutes!

See ya all when I get home!

Bye!

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

So, I get home from Chicago to find that Scarleteen has just gone on a two-week break. I haven't known what to do with myself!

So, we get off the plane at Midway and hope on the L. We were trying to get to Bren Warr (sp?). We took the Orange and then the Red lines. Okay, we ended up at the wrong end of that street. Okay, see, the locals won't even go to that part of town, much less ride the Red line if they can help it. It was East Chicago. It's a step up from South Chicago, but not by much. We took taxi's to our hotel.

We pretty much stuck to the Blue line from there on out. Went to an Improv comedy club called ImprovOlympic. That was great. Went and saw the Lion King on Broadway (I got hit by a hyena!)The actors get to the stage via the aisles on the main floor, where I was sitting. I was crying for the first 15 minutes. I was that moved. See, Lion King is my all-time favorite Disney movie. I got to sit 4th row from the front!

I got to go to the Lego Store. I spent $268.90 on legos, and I'm proud of it. I had them shipped back home, so I didn't get to play with them for about a week and a half.

Six flags was intersting. The lines were horrible. I was only able to ride 3 coasters, because it was about an hour and a half wait. It began raining real hard, and everyone ran for cover except my group and a few others from New York and New Jersey.

On the way back to the Hard Rock Cafe (the first time they forgot the meal of our little deaf girl) we were caught in a real bad hail storm. But first it was only raining. See, some people made it to the side of the freeway before they stopped, but most just stopped in the middle of the freeway. We left the freeway by means of an on ramp. We finally made it to our area, and ended up at Hooters. I don't like Hooters.

In short, it was an interesting time. As for the convention, I place third in my individual competition, and second in my team competition. I was also drawn as an international officer. Which means I have a title for the next year, essentially.

Now, back to the job hunt, as Washington State's unemployment rates get worse...

Going through my grandmother's stuff, I ran across a clipping from a newspaper. It is from when Reagan was president. It's called a psalm of Reagan.

"Reagan is my shepherd. I shall not want.
He leadeth me beside the still factories.
He restoreth my doubt in the Republican Party
He guideth me to the path of Unemployment for the Party’s sake
I do not fear evil for thou art against me.
Thou Anointest my wages with freezes so that my expenses runneth over my income.
Surely poverty and hard living shall follow the Republican Party and I shall live in a Rented House forever.
5,000 years ago Moses said, Park your Camel, pick up your shovel, mount your ass and I shall lead you to the Promised Land. 5,000 years later, F. D. Roosevelt said, lay down your shovel, light up your Camel, this is the Promised Land. TODAY, REAGAN will tax your shovel, sell your Camel, and tell you there is no Promised Land.

I am glad that I am an American
I am glad that I am free
But I wish I were a little puppy
And Reagan was a tree"

I never knew my grandmother didn't support the Republican Party. Then again, she never got riled up over politics, so there ya go.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

So how many of you saw and fell in love with Pirates of the Carribean? Come on. I know you did.

I personally loved Jack Sparrow. I enjoyed the character. The fact it was Johnny Depp added to my enjoyment.

So, you all remember that gorgeous brig, the HMS Interceptor? Never call her a ship or a boat. Her crew gets mad.

She makes berth right here, in Washington State. Her real name is the Lady Washington, and she is a replica 1790 trading vessel. And my family is going to take a sunset sail on her this Friday. Ah, behold the Lady Washington. A gorgeous brig, and in black and white film? Oh my...

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

The Lady was AMAZING. It was perfect. We were using the sails the whole time. She has a diesel motor, but we only used it to get back to the dock after sunset.

Amazing. What an experience. I wanna volunteer really bad! But I don't have the $250 fee to do it. That pays for my food the two-four weeks I'm on the boat. Well, there's always next time...

Now to go pick up my pictures...

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

The pictures of the Lady turned out wonderful.

Speaking of her, I saw Pirates of the Carribean again. For the 8th time. The Drive In theater five minute from my house is having their Labor Day triple feature. It's Finding Nemo, Freaky Friday, and POTC. Have a Disney movie or three.

The job search hasn't been going anywhere. There is nothing. I refuse fast food, and retail is a close second. But I'll do it if I have to. I plan on going to Europe next summer, and I kind of need to pay for that. On the plus side, My buddy and I are going on a 7 day tour in Ireland, along with spending a lot of time in Denmark. Some at Legoland Billund. Whoo hoo!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

My pregnant buddy's Baby Shower is tomorrow. We've bought the food and the gifts and the decorations, and now we just wait.

She and the father moved into an apartment yesterday. They're getting married at some point in time. The baby is now due two weeks earlier than first thought by the doctors, but right on time from what she told me early on. Eh.

This saddens me. I've been going stir crazy--I have no one other than my parents to talk to. I'm desperatley looking for a job. I'm not in school anymore. One friend is working full time, the other is knocked up. And gone. And distant. And dumped me long ago.

My partner has been working like a madman trying to finish this contract. He signed up for the Coast Guard, because they can give him the type of job he wants. He wants to be in a ship's hull welding it shut. Fair enough. But then this means 4 months at sea for him, while I sit here, at home, with only my parent's to talk to. That, and while he is home, he and I never talk. He's too busy. He's struggling to pay rent. We've talked about this, but what good that did. I can just be patient.

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DarkChild717:
He signed up for the Coast Guard, because they can give him the type of job he wants.

Hey, good for him. A buddy of mine left for the CG in June of 2001...needless to say, things have changed quite a bit since he first started! He loves it though, makes me jealous with all his cool stories.

I can imagine how hard it'd be to have to deal with the cruises, though. And sometimes they get extended...my Marine friends left for a 6-month cruise in June of 2002, came home in December, and then left three weeks later for another 6-month emergency deployment. They're starting to rotate back home now, but I basically haven't seen any of them for any meaningful amount of time in well over a year. I can't imagine being married to someone who is gone that much. Hopefully now we'll be coming out of that sort of lifestyle. We'll see.

What sorts of things are you looking into doing for a living? Do you have any ideas or prospects? It's rough down here, and it's not much better up your way either. I've had it with this nonsense, my sweetie and I are saving up to leave this blue state once and for all.

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PHOM

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

At this point, I just want a job that pays. I have ambitions to go to Europe next summer, and I'll be paying for my roundtrip ticket to Coppenhagen in January. That's an $800 hit.

I've got a pride issue with fast food. Retail is a close second. I'll take a secretarial job. But they all want experience, and I severely lack in this department.

My partner isn't going in as an officer. He is a welder, and a decent one at that. He's doing the engineering side of things. He's excited. His departure date is now October 7. Gives me more time (heh), but now he's got to last that long. He was doing a job in a construction site, but the General Contracter screwed him over. He decided not to pay my partner for the work he's completed and has yet to do.

All in day's drama, really.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Two years ago, I was an excited teenager waiting for the day, in just a few weeks, when I would start college. I was estatic! I had my text books, and all I needed now was my Edpass. My ID card that told the world I was a college student. I'll take care of it on Tuesday.

Tuesday came. So did a phone call at 8 o'clock that morning. "Caylin, wake up! Turn on a tv!"

"Why, Mom...s'too early..."

"Caylin, we're being attacked."

"What?"

I spent the day parked in front of my television, calling my mum and dad with hourly updates...My dad had axcess to a computer, but my mother had only a radio.

That evening, I had a Job's Daughters meeting. We held our memorial a couple meetings ahead of schedule, and gave a Majority Ceremony to one of our older memebers.

The next day, I got my Edpass.

Where are we now, two years and nearly 3,000 lives later?

We've destroyed two countries, and we have a third on our to-do list.

How many civilians perished because of our bombs? Attack a country to get a man?

When did the hunt for that one man turn into a vendetta against Saddam? Last time I checked, the man we were hunting was Osama bin Laden. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Good had to of come from this, right? Well, maybe. Taliban are vying for power again. Saddam escaped our raids. al Queda still exists. At the cost of millions of taxpayer dollars.

Maybe the good will come years down the road, when people finally begin paying attention in History class and realize that those mistakes need never to be made again. That maybe some one will learn from all of this.

What about all of you? I think the most memorable moment for me was the removal of the last beam from Ground Zero. Draped with Old glory, and given that 21 gun salute.

"Day is done, gone the sun,
From the hills, from the lake,
From the sky.
All is well, safely rest,
God is nigh.

Go to sleep, peaceful sleep,
May the soldier or sailor,
God keep.
On the land or the deep,
Safe in sleep.

Love, good night, Must thou go,
When the day, And the night
Need thee so?
All is well. Speedeth all
To their rest.

Fades the light; And afar
Goeth day, And the stars
Shineth bright,
Fare thee well; Day has gone,
Night is on.

Thanks and praise, For our days,
'Neath the sun, Neath the stars,
'Neath the sky,
As we go, This we know,
God is nigh.

For more information on this haunting melody, look here.

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

quote:
Where are we now, two years and nearly 3,000 lives later?

A whole lot more prepared than we once were, I'd like to think. You'll notice we haven't been hit hard since.

Maybe the good will come sooner than you think, when people realize that if you take deliberate aim at innocent civilians, you'll be made to pay in the end.

Then again, maybe it won't. I've certainly been wrong before. It's all a difference in opinion, I suppose. But I sleep better now than I did two years ago, and I'll sleep even better once those AQ folks are put out of business for good.

------------------

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Would be nice to sleep a good night's sleep again, wouldn't it?

I found some rather touching cartoons that are a tribute to 9/11. They're here.

------------------
--Sojourner Truth

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

quote:
Would be nice to sleep a good night's sleep again, wouldn't it?

Oh you bet...I slept pretty fitfully all week long. I guess maybe that's my subconscious at work.

------------------

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

I haven't been able to sleep since I got back from Chicago. I am suffereing from a severe lack in human contact.

One buddy is working all the time and will be going to school 80 miles away, one is pregnant, and my sig other is always working or too busy. I only get to talk to him on the phone.

I'm driving my parents up the wall. :)

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Yay. Darkie turned in a job application yesterday. It's at the same Hospital that my aunt and mum work at. That should be fun. It's for a Guest Service Representitive. I've no idea what that means exactly, but I fit the requirements, so...

I have to take what is thrown at me. I also have a house and kitten sitting engagement next week. The kittens are only 9 weeks old...I haven't been around kittens that young in years. We used to raise kittens, simply for the fact we had one cat that would get pregnant while still nursing a young litter. That was fun. Nonetheless, it's $75 bucks for three days. It's money.

------------------
--Sojourner Truth

Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our Leah's about two months old, and very tiny, but quite capable of using the litterbox and having meals all by herself. So long as you manage not to step on anyone, and don't mind being climbed by little fuzzballs, I'm sure you'll be fine.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

This is the time to unite over the Revolution of the Pants

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.