Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Well, Hi, I guess!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Well, Hi, I guess!
Sunset_Rose
Activist
Member # 10181

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sunset_Rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!
A whole thread?
To write about ME?
What a wonderful idea, Mizz Scarlet!
No, in all seriousness, I have been here for a while, posting, advising, and generally poking my nose in. I guess I just never really got around to talking about myself!
For those who need an introduction, heres a little bit about me.
Im 15 years old, and I am a mad high school student from (near) Cambridge, England. I am going to take my GSCE's (Equivalent of SATs, maybe?) next Spring, and I am very nervous.
I am, as you will see from my previous posts, generally happy and always ready to give an opinion on everything, as my friends and family will be quick to tell you!
Another thing about me- i'm quite creative. Singing, playing the piano (or attempting to), writing stories and poems, and reading extensivly are some of my favorite hobbies.

While I am here, i would really like to thank Mizz Scarlet, for creating this site, and everyone who has had and continues to have a hand in it. This is really fantastic,
thank you!

Ok, so theres my background said and done.
I guess I should move onto the present...
Christmas is coming! God, I am such a little kid! I love Christmas. The family, the snow, the giving presents, the meaning of joy and happiness, and everything to do with this festive time of year.

My friends have also been gettign into the festive mood. We have been exchanging Xmas cards at the speed of light, and even my friend J,renound for being the biggest Scrooge of them all, has finally let herself get into the Christmas spirit.

Another point, my Mock Exams, that coem before the actual GCSES have just finished, i am sooooo Happy! All I have to do now is decide where to go to college.....Arghhh!

Ok, I feel that if you read this much you must be a Saint, so I'm going to sign off now!

Sunset_Rose

Posts: 123 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Rose:
Ok, I feel that if you read this much you must be a Saint...
Sunset_Rose

Neeggatttiivveee...I read the whole thing and I'm a bastard. But regardless, welcome to the world! I see you've been around for a short while, which is always nice to see. I'm the infamous BruinDan, Village Idiot and Jester Extraordinaire. I also happen to be the understudy of the Third (Acting) Vice-President of the Official Scarleteen Welcoming Committee, so allow me to throw some confetti in the air and go around a-whoopin' and a-hollerin' and a-lettin' it all hang out!

But seriously, glad to have ya here! I can already see that you've got a lot in common with a lot of our users (though your being creative instantly makes you a polar opposite of me, sadly), which is just peachy keen. I wish you good times and good cheer in this wonderful microcosm, and I'll be seein' ya around, tiger!

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PSOM

"Battery Stolen; Youth Charged"

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset_Rose
Activist
Member # 10181

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sunset_Rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for that, BruinDan!
Hey, i feel all welcome now. No time ot spare, so I will have to come back later!

Posts: 123 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset_Rose
Activist
Member # 10181

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sunset_Rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like monday mornings, inevitably I am back!
Hey, I was just wondering whether anyone would care to share thier experiences of college? How did you choose where to go, and was it the right decision, or did you make a big mistake?
Ok, I'm sitting at home, slightly bored, so I just thought I would write a wacky little Christmas/Ramadan/Hanukah/Winter Solstice/?Thanksgiving?/ whatever your fun filled festival.....breathe.....
....greeting. So Happy Holidays, everyone!

Sunset_Rose
Activist
Member # 10181

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sunset_Rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, its the new year, at last. And what a year this has been so far! I have made resoloutions, broken them, made more, broken all of those (except the one about not eating brussel sprouts, that was a failsafe) and I have now made 3 newer ones.
Lose weight.
Pass exams with flying clours.
Be more honest with myself and others.

As those are my real resoloutions, lets hope I have more luck in keeping them.....

Aaaanyway.....

I feel very alone. Noone answers my posts.

Aha... I know why... its the title of my post, isnt it. Anyone know how I can change that to soehting which makes me sound less like a brainless idiot?

Sunset_Rose
Activist
Member # 10181

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Sunset_Rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have caught on to the fact that only I will post on here, so i'm just gonna ramble a tiny bit.

Ok, so maybe I cant think of anything right now, but I will...

Just give me time....

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what's weird? I was lying in bed yesterday morning and out of NOWHERE your username popped into my head. Seriously! I was like "Sunset Rose"! It was so weird.

------------------
"A sad soul can kill you quicker than a germ." -John Steinbeck

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." -Maya Angelou

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa, mindmeld. We both posted at 4:04!
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daydreamer24:
Whoa, mindmeld. We both posted at 4:04!

And I suppose that negates the theory that nobody else will post here, eh?

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PSOM

"Battery Stolen; Youth Charged"

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset_Rose
Activist
Member # 10181

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Sunset_Rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok... Daydreamer, yes that is very strange, especially seeing as I have been mentally screaming for someone to post here, and checking it every five minutes, like the self obsessed child I am....
But seriously, that is very odd....

And also the fact that you and BruinDan posted at exactly the same time adds to the newly created psycic mstery of this post...

Can anyone else hear the X-Files theme tune???

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Nope, YOU and I posted at the same time. The weird thing was that I read your post, THAN posted. I must have typed that super-quick!
Sunset_Rose
Activist
Member # 10181

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Sunset_Rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooohhh.... spooky
Maybe you just felt really sorry for my pathetic pleas for attention. Who knows.
I want to go to St. Johns ambulance nursing cadets today, but I have to go to a meeting organising a trip to France next week.
Oh la la, France c'est tres jolie!
J'aime la francais!
Vive la France!

Unfortunatly, that means I won't be posting for a week, starting on Sunday.
Oh well.

Bonne Chance!

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Ooh! I think French is a very cool and sexy language. Have fun, Sunset_Rose!
Sunset_Rose
Activist
Member # 10181

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Sunset_Rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Daydreamer!

Today I have had such an awful day.
Well, only part of today, but still!
First of all, I got an A for my Religious Studies exam, so that was good, and a C/D for Maths (which might sound bad, but I find it really hard so I'm aiming for a C)
Then I got an F for Graphics. Oh dear.
I don't know what happened, I mean honestly!
Better next time tho, eh?

Anyway, I was kinda depressed about my results, so i was in a bad mood anyway, but then I heard something that really made me feel like crying, or like being sick.

I was walking down the corridors, and I was walking behind two boys in the year below me, and i heard them talking about gay people.

I'm not going to subject the people who frequent this site to what i overheard, but the basic gist was that gay people are worse than animals and should be put down as such, as well as a whole other load of homophobic remarks.

As someone who is selectively out to friends, mainly because of the blatent homophobia I have encountered, I felt worse than i have in a long time. I couldn't help wondering why I am going to be subjected to such prejudice and homophobia throughout my life simply because I have a different orientation to what is considered to be "normal".

Luckily I have friends who support me, and did thier best to comfort my sadness, but basically I have had a really bad day, and I just needed to post it somewhere.

Thanks to anyone who read this post!

Dark_Wolf
Neophyte
Member # 10024

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Dark_Wolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is this? Madam? Not telling me your troubles? HOW long have I been your pal? hmmmmm? Ur meant to tell me when ur being bothered by something u know.
and anyway, WHO CARES ABOUT IGNORANT PEOPLE? If ignorance is bliss, they are orgasmic. They are scum. You are not. they are single minded. you are not. you are just a normal person who happens to like girls. They are sad losers who stand in the forest and can't see the trees. u know full well that you will get that kind of ignorance and you also know full well that there are also people like me who understand and accept you for whatever or whoever you are and don't give a flying monkeys. so don't feel depressed. Just ignore them. Most people that are like that are insecure about something anyway.
You will have to learn to accept the fact that humans don't like change and over the years they may or may not come to accept it. and don't use the term 'normal'. thats bull s**t. you ARE normal and they know it. And whatever happens I am always here. I will never stop caring or turn my back on you so talk to me about it. (and nice to see u have a thread about urself...)
love,
*The nutter*
*Dark_Wolf*

Posts: 37 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset_Rose
Activist
Member # 10181

Did I mention that I love my best friend?
Thank you Dark_Wolf, love you!

And yes, I do have my own thread! Obviously!

Today I am feeling tons better!

Tommorow I am going to(lets call her Rosa) Rosa's house, as well as a lot of other people, and we are going to make a very special video for my other friend (lets call him R) R's birthday. I think that it has to be one of the most original presents I have taken part in!
Its gonna be really fun. We r going to do a version of Stars in Thier Eyes, Blind Date, and record special messages, as well as a whole load of other stuff.

Speaking of which, I need to go and plan what I'm gonna say (and learn my words for Stars in Thier Eyes, and go and start sorting out my packing for France)

See you all later!

Dark_Wolf
Neophyte
Member # 10024

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Dark_Wolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, Sunset_rose has gone off the france now. leaving me behind with sunset_rose withdrawral symptoms. :'(
I thought I'd write on here for when she gets back.
anyway....We have done the video..it went really well and R should like it.
we did MILD little stunts on skateboards and scooters...a bit like jackass but MILD. (nobody go all heavy on me and preach..lol)
we did lesbian blind date cos we dind't have enough boys and we did dating agencie adverts, stars in their eyes, our own little messages to R for his Bday and also we did crack-a-tak...where we had to stuff 4 crackers as fast as possible and whoever finished first won. we did 'the water challange'.(drinking TONNES of water and seeing who peed first. lol.)
at the end of the day it was a good laugh and it was really fun to do and R will love it.
I think its the most origional birthday present Iv'e ever made for someone.
anyway, bye for now, I won't Hog Sunsets' thread.

Posts: 37 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset_Rose
Activist
Member # 10181

First of all, thanks to Dark_Wolf for posting for me on my thread!
Secondly,

IM BACK!!!

Ok, I won't shout anymore, but it is really nice to be back. France was fantastic, I really, really enjoyed myself!
Well, apart from having to go up to random
french people and interview them. I didn't enjoy that, because we got the weirdest responses!
(translated) Me:
"How did you get to Le Touquet?"

French lady:
"In an ambulance, I'm having a major operation on Sunday"

Me: (not understanding because of working crappy tape recorder)
"Thats nice and cheap, isnt it? Will you be going home in the same method of transport?"

French lady:
"How dare you riducule my medical problems! You english are all the same!"
Storm off.

That was when I decided to play my teachers the recording.

Then they decided I should work in a group.

Argh!!!!

Dark_Wolf
Neophyte
Member # 10024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dark_Wolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*giggles* you nutter! lol.
Ok, so the french woman had a go at you...lol, anything else major happen? You have hardly mentioned france....
Did you eat? LOL, well of course you ate, but I mean did you eat french style?
and, you are welcome. (about me keeping up your thread)

loves ya,
*huggles*
*Dark_Wolf*

Sunset_Rose
Activist
Member # 10181

Hey, are we the only people who reply to this thing?
Is advertising allowed in the boards? I could really do with some representation....

Seriously, the only thing I ate in France was... well... what did i eat in France?
Not a lot. Or at least not a lot after all of the cheese dishes. Cheese sandwiches every day. Cheese boards. Cheesy potato. Cheese in pastry. You get the idea.
It was not very varied.

The fire drill was quite funny though.

I was standing outside shivering and John said to me:

"She said there wasn't going to be a fire, right? We knew it was a drill, so when Mrs. S came down the corridor shouting, we didnt really pay much attention.
So why then does she bang on the door and yell
"WILL YOU OPEN THIS FLAMING DOOR!"??"

Well, I thought it was funny.

Dark_Wolf
Neophyte
Member # 10024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dark_Wolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello again fellow scarleteener.

Yes It looks like it is we, and only we who write on here - which is a bit odd as we see each other nearly everyday (except when you abandon me and fly off to France) and therefore, it is pointless.

Never the less, I am glad to here your trip was good.

Although it sounds a bit cheesey.....

Did you not buy anything..............
A *Blazer* perhaps, or maybe a *smoking jacket?* LOL. *falls off chair laughing at her own joke.

see you later...reply soon, you might as well.

*Dark_Wolf*

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.