Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Gumdrop Girl: Episode 2 (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Gumdrop Girl: Episode 2
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And the rain is jusssttttt starting to move in down here, and the accompanying wind has proceeded to tears the roof tiles off (again). I am starting to wonder if the landlady is just going to give up on repairing the damned thing, since windstorms are occurring with such frequencies these days.

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PSOM

"Battery Stolen; Youth Charged"

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxfire
Activist
Member # 8676

Icon 10 posted      Profile for foxfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My absolute favorite thing to do in Seattle is to go to the Dislay and Costume store, then go eat at the New Orleans cafe and have the eggplant etofee(sp?) its simply wonderful

------------------
"Only the foolish would fear Foxfire."
Kolbrun; Juniper order

Posts: 117 | From: Washington | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am very surprised that no one in the media made any reference to that. And no ark, either.

And for any Washingtonians, the Vagina Monlogues are coming to the Paramount in a couple days. Too bad I can't afford it.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry whatever, folks!

------------------
Don't be coward like shrimp, be brave like PRAWN!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this year is off to a pretty darn good start. I did New Year's Eve in Bizarroworld -- err, umm, Las Vegas. What a trip. Beer is half as expensive as soda and twice as easy to find. Silicone breasts outnumbered naturals. There was probably more nicotine in my bloodstream than oxygen and I don't even smoke! And I left a nightclub (The Beach) at 2am and the cabbie asked why I was going home so early!

I partied like a rock star. A good friend of mine was also in Vegas so we met up, and she is a femme fatale, so we had fun to say the least. Meow! Went to a banging party at a nightclub called Bikini's, which was being filmed for 'Wild on E!' a show on E! Entertainment television AND Girls Gone Wild. I'm probably shown in the former program, and definitely not the latter. During the champagne toast, a guy came up behind me and hoisted me for the cameras. Oh, I had a good time. Yeah, I didn't get back to my hotel room till around 6am. I went clubbing every night and averaged 5 hours of sleep a night.

Of course, this took a toll on my body, which was already coming down with something. So now I'm exhausted and my voice is completely gone. Alas, I took no pictures of my trip. But I did keep my champagne bottle as a souvenir (I shared the bubbly with fellow revelers).

------------------

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, fun fun, Gumdrop! I want to see you on E! That'd be cool. Do you know for sure if you're on it? And if you do see yourself, tell me so I can look for the same episode on a rerun!
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
britt0285
Activist
Member # 11036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for britt0285     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Wild On E!, the las vegas episode was on last night. I didn't get to watch because I had to go somewhere. hehe oh well I guess it wouldn't matter since Im not sure what you look like anyway. hehe.
Posts: 87 | From: TX | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The beauty of the E! Network is that they will repeat everything over and over and over again until you are so sick to damned death of the show that you want to kick in your television and bang your head against the wall. Okay, maybe not that bad, but you get the drift.

Gummy, sounds like a riot to me! I think I was far more low-key with my Toad concert, but it was the best darned thing ever. I've got the set list (and the ticket) framed in my living room now.

Let me know when you're free, we'd love to come up and see ya! And as for now, I'm going to have to pry her from my ear...

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PSOM

"Battery Stolen; Youth Charged"

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey folks, if you've got cable and you want to see if you can spot me on 'Wild on E!' you're looking for an Asian girl with short black and blonde hair wearing a red velvet tank top. I don't have cable, missed the program, so I'm not sure I made the cut, but I probably did somewhere because I actually had a lot of camera time.

As for BruinDan, I'm free whenever EXCEPT next weekend (birthday surprise for my boy -- he reads this stuff, so I can't detail too much).

------------------

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started volunteering as a tutor at a middle school in Oakland. It's in "da hood," not the nicest part of town, if you get what I mean. The kids are bright-eyed things, a little more rowdy than I was when I was in 7th grade, but they are an exceptional bunch who have been through a lot more in 13 years than a lot of people go through in their entire lives. The group I teach with is the Health Professionals Partnership Initiative. We teach the kids about health issues, give them mentorship and guidance and help them with their homework. so far, it's a lot of homework. What's sad about that is that they struggle with the things I excelled at when I was younger than they are now. I helped a girl with her English homework, and she could barely construct a sentence on her own. on the other hand, they have algebra, which I didn't have when I was in 7th grade. I certainly have my work cut out for me.

Last night, I picked up some friends from SFO and on the way back, we passed the school where I tutor. I pointed it out to them and in the process, ran a red light. Oakland has this tendency to put stoplights 20 feel apart on straight roads (there was no intersection there). no sooner had I run the light, I slowed down, stopped at the next light, and sure enough, a police officer swooped in to tail me. In between telling my boyfriend to shut up and stop distracting me (he has this amazing tendency to distract me when I'm driving, making things far more hazardous than they should be), trying to mind my speedand observe all road markers, the police car crept beside me, trailed for another half mile before concluding that I was harmless.

------------------
Universal Law #4721: Any joke can be made funnier with the word "goatf**ker." Corollary, any story can be made more entertaining by adding a few ninjas.

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I am recovering from a nasty bout of the flu. For two days I had a raging fever. When that quelled, I took my boyfriend snowboarding in Tahoe for the first time. That was a stupid idea because I got really sick after that. Now I am hovering slightly above normal body temperature with only a tiny headache and my throat is coated thickly in goo. I cough so hard I feel as if I'm about to wretch. But this is a good thing compared to how I was feeling some 4 days ago when I couldn't even talk.

Tomorrow, my mentorship group is taking the kids on a field trip to Chabot Space and Science Center. I promised one of the girls I'd bring her a mechanical pencil all her own and I will make good on this promise.

now that I am minimally healthy, I can resume cleaning my apartment.

------------------
Universal Law #4721: Any joke can be made funnier with the word "goatf**ker." Corollary, any story can be made more entertaining by adding a few ninjas.

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, lots going on over in my camp. I'm stressing out because I'm starting to hear back from graduate schools. They seem to like me, but my grades are a little low for their tastes (I have a 3.0, but my major was not exactly easy or even moderately difficult, we're talking about 4 years of *pain*). However, with my impressive test scores, I have been given a chance by George Washington University to prove myself in an essay. Boston U and Georgetown confirmed they got my app, but haven't decided. USC wants to see me. I think I'm going to need to go to DC in the next few weeks to check things out. Meanwhile, my engineering graduate student friends are hosting prospective grad students. A mech e student from Iowa State named Trey stayed at my boyfriend's house last night. Seems it's grad school decisions for a lot of folks.

This weekend, my boyfriend and I celebrated out third anniversary. He took me to see Oedipus Rex (I do love Greek drama). In turn, I took him out for dim sum. Things were pretty low-key, and there was no *nudge nudge, wink wink* if you know what i mean (he gave that up for Lent, and while i'm a little cranky, I'm okay with the idea).

Tonight, we're going to an Irish pub to celebrate St. Paddy's Day. I like Guinness. But let's keep it legal, folks

------------------
¿Qué es el dealio?

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
Seems it's grad school decisions for a lot of folks.

Indeed it is. Remind me to tell you about my brother when I see you this week. The kid is incredible. Makes me wonder where I went wrong...

Was the dim sum place that Jade joint that we went to before? Darned good stuff there, darned good stuff indeed. We've got some new "Super New Town Lucky Chinese Best Favorite Buffet" that just opened up down the way. Aside from the fact that it has the longest name in recorded history (the sign is long, but the letters are teeny so they all fit!), the place is remarkable also for the amount of people in there. Ever seen that little skit where they pack 60 clowns in a VW Beetle? This place is like that. The big "Max. Occupancy 40 by Order of the Fire Marshal" sign has been defaced with an additional zero placed on the end, and nobody is the wiser. Go figure.

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PBOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am loving this volunteer gig. I wonder why I didn't do thi before! On Wednesday, I actually got to spend real quality time with the kid I'm in charge of mentoring. A group of us mentors and students went out to an Oakland A's game. Before that, we worked on homework, played Uno, and then I took him around Berkeley to hang out. We got snacks at my boyfriend's cafe and then we walked over to campus to shoot some pool. During this time, he and I got to chat and get to know each other. He's such a sweet kid. always smiling, kinda soft-spoken. Not rowdy, but not a stick-in-the-mud. His birthday was the Saturday before. He turned 14. Another mentor and I pooled our money together and bought him a nice Oakland Raiders jacket. He totally digs the jacket, and the other kids are a little jealous

Yeah, this kick ass. I'd hate to give it up, but the program ends at the end of the school year. I'll have to find a new volunteer gig when I move on. Or I figure if I don't get into grad school, I'll sub teach for a while.

but on that note, grad school is looking promising. I'm heading to DC to check out an open house at Georgetown. While i'm there, i'll also be checking George Washington U (to which i also applied). i'm crashing at a friend's place. We'll see where I get in

------------------
¿Qué es el dealio?

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

I was deleting my spam this morning and there was one I really rolled my eyes at. It was from "Jane Smith" with the subject line "Congratulations!" and it had a 216kb attachment. Spammers don't even try anymore, do they. So I check to delete it, but decide on a whim to look at it (who knows, it may hold secrets to enlarging the penis i never had).

It was my acceptance to George Washington University's School of Public Health!

I'm in! Well, at least I'm in at one location. This must mean other letters will follow shortly. Yea! I am one step closer to being an epidemiologist.

------------------
¿Qué es el dealio?

Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Score another one for the Gumdrop Girl! Soon schools will be competing for you!

Bob

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Gummy! I am glad things are working out for you
Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Back from Washington, DC. Aside from having been born in Pennsylvania, I had never been on te East Coast. It is worlds apart from California. I'm not accustomed to crossing state lines several times in a day. The weather was mixed, some warm days, some cold days, a little rain, and some perfect weather to round off the trip. I saw the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument (and took the stairs on the way down), some Smithsonians (where I saw the Hope Diamond and Judy Garland's ruby slippers) and the Korean War Memorial. I visited both the Georgetown and George Washington U campuses. Both are gorgeous schools. Berkeley is butt-ugly hideous in comparison. But Georgetown and GWU are in obscenely expensive neighborhoods, and they both have exorbitant tuitions, and neither is offering me any fellowships or fin. aid.

I stayed with a friend of mine. He lives in a basement in a house across the way from the National Institutes of Health. I would love to work for the NIH. He took me clubbing. Last night we went to a rave headlined by one of my favorite DJ's, BT. It was awesome. I danced all night and when the party let out, I headed straight for the airport, checked in, and got on the plane.

I should travel more often. I had a lot of fun on this trip. I wonder if I'd like living in DC.

------------------
Mmm ... crispy, delicious bacon.

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some *&#^*@!@*$&@^!&#(@*&&$#^%#$&@ broke into my car by shattering my rear driver side window. they didn't take much because i didn't have much to offer. the stereo and cds are fine. maps, toll money stash and everything seemed to be there. from my inspection, the only things they took were: my soccer ball, my new Simpsons floormats (but not the matching utility mats) and a half-eaten bucket of Red Vines.

That comes to a whopping total of under $50 lost, but probably a few hundred in repairs. Whoever they are, I'm hexing them! May their dicks rot and fall off. And if they don't have dicks, may they grow them overnight, THEN have them rot and fall off. If you have a few mojo waves to spare, please join me in wishing a whole lotta bad mojo on these futhermockers so they'll never do this ever again.

My stuff's replaceable, but those Red Vines were for my students! They're going to be awfully disappointed tomorrow when I don't bring them candy.

------------------
Mmm ... crispy, delicious bacon.

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know this is supposed to be a serious post, but i couldn't help but laugh my ass off throughout the entire thing.

gumdrop, you crack me up.

*telepathically sends bad mojo waves to your futhermother enemies*

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks daydreamer gotta keep laughing so I don't let this get to me. i took my car to the Toyota dealership next door (how convenient!) and they ordered the new window. i should have my car back by tues. It's costing me $270 for parts and repairs. And yes, the kids at school were asking where my Red Vines went and why I couldn't give them a ride home after tutoring.

the perpetrators will probably never be caught, and i just gotta live with that. and higher car insurance payments.

see my new sig line? ~~sending bad mojo waves~~

------------------
May suffering and pestilence befall the %$@! who broke into my car.

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been scarce because I've been packing frantically. My parents came up to haul away my worldly possessions. They filled two large cars, and that's not all of it. My mother was appalled by the number of shoes I had accumulated in the last 5 years. My walls are now barren and surprisingly, as my dear friend KittyM pointed out, the place looks smaller now that it's mostly empty. At night, it's so lonely here. I'm not leaving Berkeley just yet, I have another few weeks to go, but my tenur here is quickly winding down and it saddens me greatly to see me go.

------------------
May suffering and pestilence befall the %$@! who broke into my car.

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Man oh man. And no more commie-rides up the 580 to see you after work. I guess for the time being (and maybe the forseeable future, you smart thing!) you'll be even closer and I should count my blessings. But still...not much can beat bummin' around Shattuck enroute to grab a ZacharyBurger!

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," FHOM

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally moved away from the Bay Area. I'm coping with it the best I can. My family is keeping me on my toes which minimizes my time alone. Maybe that's a good thing since I might just go crazy if I let my thoughts and feelings catch up to me.

My boyfriend and I agreed that we would part ways following my departure. That would mean I am now single. But while I'm not exactly in denial about it, I try not to think too hard about it/him either. We made the most of our last several days together. I planned a "last splash" (shared with a buddy of mine who departs for the Peace Corps tomorrow -- she's heading to Togo); I took my friends to Live105 (SF's alt rock radio station) BFD for an all day concert. I danced wildly to my favorite DJ, BT. And I found that Finch suck live, but Interpol is fantastic onstage!

After we got back from the show (around midnight), I loaded the last of my possessions into the car. It was 4am by that time and I had to turn in my keys and hit the road by 7:30am. I went to my boyfriend's house; he was already asleep since he had to be at work at 6:30am, but on the table, he set out a lovely spread of candles, chocolate and wine. He got up, we showered, then snuggled together with the chocolate and wine. It was so romantic. It was also unintentionally lifted right out of the lyrics of Eagle Eye Cherry's song "Save Tonight." We then went to bed and made love one last time. He got up for work not long after, but I was still very groggy, so he reset his alarm for me.

I awoke alone around 7:15am. I cleaned up and got dressed. On his desk, I found a letter for me. I read it and cried. I wrote one in return and stuck it in his desk. I don't know if he got it. I made sure I had all my things and got in my car and drove to his cafe. I asked for an Italian soda. Then we had a tearful, drawn out goodbye. Both of us were crying and the cafe patrons knew enough to leave us alone. He walked me to my car and kissed me goodbye. I drove away, crying hysterically. Luckily, I was stuck behind a garbage truck because I otherwise was in no condition to drive faster than 10mph.

I calmed down enough to drive safely on the freeway, although for much of the drive, I was in tears, which made it difficult to see on the road. I had to make it to Bakersfield by 1pm for my sister's nursing school graduation. It was 8:15 when I left the Bay Area. I arrived shortly after noon, so I made good time actually. When I got out of the car, I noticed in the dust covering my car, he had written "I luv U."

Thing were busy enough to keep my mind off things. They still are. I will get by. I wish I knew where I packed away all my underwear.

I took my car to the car detailer's today. They washed away his "I luv U," but it had to be done. There was still glass in the back from when my car got robbed, and the dust layer on my car was so thick that it was hard to tell my car was blue. Not to mention there were loads of bugs stuck to my car from driving south on I5. The car wash folks must've hated me today. I tipped them extra. Anyway, it's okay, I have so many other souvenirs of him, I can get by without an evanscent dust message.

------------------
Summertime, and the living's easy...

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

*biiig hug*

Everything's gonna be alright. If you worry too much the boogie man will eat chu.

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh no! i have a friend named Chu! The boogie man better not touch him or I will kick his arse!

thanks deanna. I'm feeling fine. Actually, I'm feeling loads better now that I have *my* computer up and running again.

things are looking good right now. USC sent me admissions goodies. And my parents are so fed up with my weight that they're willing to pay for a personal trainer for me. I don't care about the weight, but I am happy about getting fit. I think I'm gonna go swimming tonight.

------------------
Summertime, and the living's easy...

alexa
Neophyte
Member # 13954

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I like the sims too!
Posts: 8 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

glad you dig the Sims, too, Alexa. my sister plays Sims online and seems to ike it a lot. i'm avoiding joining because i don't want to be bogged down with more subscription fees.

nothing much going on here. working out. bailing my ex-boyfriend from his hiking trip. wrining my hands helplesly because i still haven't received a decision form Georgetown University. I will either be the last person admitted, or the last person rejected. I want to get in so badly, but I will feel far more at peace getting a rejection letter than being strung along till the very end. At least i have USC. i have a lot of folks lobbying for me to go to USC so I can party

------------------
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Kite
Activist
Member # 5957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
wrining my hands helplesly because i still haven't received a decision form Georgetown University.

Have you called them and asked about it? Both times that I was applying to grad school, some schools never bothered sending me anything back. I had to call to find out what happened. (Never mind, of course, that they charged me over $50 in application fees...)

Good luck

Posts: 127 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

quote:
glad you dig the Sims, too, Alexa. my sister plays Sims online and seems to ike it a lot. i'm avoiding joining because i don't want to be bogged down with more subscription fees.

Hey, it's alright....pretty soon we'll have the Sims 2 to play and enjoy! It's comin' out shortly, you might want to check it out if (unlike me) you've got a processor that will actually run the damned thing...

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," FHOM

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

So I'm moving to Los Angeles...

Georgetown rejected me *yesterday* (two days after classes started). but that's okay because I registered with <a href=http://ww.usc.edu>USC</a>. Just closed a deal on a very nice studio. It's next to the pool (this place has a pool!) and laundry room. It has ceiling fans and a fireplace. Also, it's very close to my school.

Orientation was today. it went well, the parts I didn't miss. Part of the LA experience is getting stuck in traffic, and oh boy did I ever! I also had enrollment issues and would up fighting with a fax machine (the fax machine won). Uggh.

Will move on Saturday. Should be interesting.

------------------

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm living in LA now (but I am writing this from my parent's home because i have no 'net at my apartment yet). My first week of graduate school went fine, but i've already got a buttload of homework. oi. The other students seem really nice. I dunno what the deal is, but out of 95 students in my class, only 3 of them are male. I need to buy some essential items for my apartment. Imagine my irritation when I went to open a can of Spaghetti-Os, only to find that I had no can-opener! Time to load up my car and hit the road.

------------------

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

quote:
I dunno what the deal is, but out of 95 students in my class, only 3 of them are male.

Welcome to the state of higher education today. You sure you're going to my rival school? A ratio like that sounds a lot like UCLA to me!

You'll have some help grabbing stuff around here today. I've gotta to take care of some errands I've managed to put off until today, but my better half is all set to make a commie run down the block to IKEA when you arrive.

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PHOM

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

i must say, the last few days have been quite good. I got to see Radiohead TWICE (including a mind-blowing performance of "Creep"), and my beloved Cal Bears beat the USC Trojans. Yeah, I go to USC now, but my loyalty stands with Berkeley. And considering USC was ranked #3, Cal's victory was especially sweet. I don't watch much football, but for this game, I was glued to the telly. On top of that, the guy I'm seeing now actually asked me why I hadn't called him, and while that sounds odd, I like knowing that it matters to him whether I call or not (I neglected to call because I was at those Radiohead concerts). I did call him and we had a pleasant conversation; we're planning a trip to the beach.

------------------

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

The guy was sore because the girl was too busy watching football to call?

Amen for bucking convention! heehee

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PHOM

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.